dude allegedly gets 2021 3.6 A/T with NO etorque

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrubbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
I’ve had both. The auxiliary batteries are absolute dog shit. I commuted 40+ Highway miles round trip (pre COVID) daily, and my aux was still dying every 3-6 months. At one point they replaced both batteries 3 times in a 3 month period. The aux battery would die while my jeep was sitting at the dealer having other work done to it.

I have a 2021 with eTorque now and love it. Not to mention the “very complicated battery” is covered by a federally mandated 8yr/80k mile warranty because it’s a mild hybrid. I will take that over the crap ESS/aux battery any day.

if I still had the non-eTorque jeep, I’d replace both batteries with a true dual battery setup.

I wonder if the dealership will claim that you abused the jeep or because you bought tires that did not originally come with the car that they will not honor the warranty. BTW, is it 8 years from date of manufacture, delivery, or day you ordered....leap year included? :)
abe
Sponsored

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Why not just delete the idiotic Al Gore start stop BS? That was the first thing I deleted. We're not saving the planet driving a vehicle shaped like a freaking brick anyways LOL.
What's the steps to delete this system? Interested.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I honestly can’t keep track anymore of whatever it is Jeep is trying to do.
The insanity is likely due to parts shortages and component prices jumping all over the place. I think Jeep would prefer people to buy engines that had higher gas mileage to raise their fleet numbers and profits (less $$ to spend on fines or whatever lol).

Meh. I think the idea behind ESS is fine. The execution is the problem. I do think the BSG+big battery was a MUCH better solution to that problem.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
What's the steps to delete this system? Interested.
I simply disconnected the hood plunger switch in the engine compartment. It throws the warning light in the cluster but I don’t even notice it anymore amongst all the other digital readouts

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I thought ET was always optional with 3.6 at least on the jeep build site.

Does the manual have the second battery? Just curious. Guess I could google but since I am here.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
I thought ET was always optional with 3.6 at least on the jeep build site.

Does the manual have the second battery? Just curious. Guess I could google but since I am here.
There was a time where it was mandatory across all trims if you wanted a 3.6 with an auto but that’s only for the case for rubicons now apparently.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is my understanding:
  1. This eTorque exemption applies only to Sport V6 + automatic. I have no idea if the exemption applies to Willys.
  2. If you are looking at an automatic Sahara, the rule hasn’t change: you still need to get the eTorque V6, or the 2.0T.
  3. If you want an automatic Rubicon, they are now forcing you into the 2.0T. The only way to get the V6 + automatic is to add the XR package (+ $4,000), and it comes with eTorque.
What f*cking mess if you ask me.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
  1. This eTorque exemption applies only to Sport V6 + automatic. I have no idea if the exemption applies to Willys.
  2. If you are looking at an automatic Sahara, the rule hasn’t change: you still need to get the eTorque V6, or the 2.0T.
  3. If you want an automatic Rubicon, they are now forcing you into the 2.0T. The only way to get the V6 + automatic is to add the XR package (+ $4,000), and it comes with eTorque.
Just checked on the website and it only lets me get rid of the etorque on the 4doors.

Two doors get etorque with the v6 no matter what and no matter the trim unless you get the manual per the website. That’s probably why I was confused I wasn’t seeing the option earlier I was only checking two doors and not the four door

Probearded1

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Just checked on the website and it only lets me get rid of the etorque on the 4doors.

Two doors get etorque with the v6 no matter what and no matter the trim unless you get the manual per the website. That’s probably why I was confused I wasn’t seeing the option earlier I was only checking two doors and not the four door
that’s how it was when I ordered my 2door rubicon. With the auto trans there was no engine option. I sat next to the salesman as he went through it.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
2. I have an order placed for a automatic Sahara with the regular V6 non etorque. See post 8.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door

I just ordered a 2 door Sport S with auto and ESS V6

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
2. I have an order placed for a automatic Sahara with the regular V6 non etorque. See post 8.
Thanks for the note.

If Sport and Sahara are being exempted from the eTorque requirement, then I’d guess Willys is too.

Which would mean automatic Rubicon buyers as the only ones being forced into the 2.0T without the XR package, or into the V6 eTorque with the XR package.

BigGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I'll keep laughing at all the eTorque worry. Electric motors are super simple, there isn't really anything to break. It helps with low RPM and startup, where the most wear and tear happens. I did have my first hybrid battery fail, but my Jeep was on the lot for a year before I bought it, no issues since.
It's also hilarious when people buy ESS to avoid all the complex electronics of the eTorque, and then install piggy back systems to kill ESS.

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
I think the online Jeep builder is a POS. The Jeep order guides are accurate.. The Builder had LED head lights as an option for the Willys and Willys Sport. They come standard on the WILLYS optional on the Willys Sport. That explains why my sales person couldnt figure out how to build my exact Jeep. So i wouldnt use the Wrangler Configurator to figure out if ESS is available on a specofic build or not.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.