2020 3.6 w/ out etorque or 2021 w/ etorque

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Hey everyone, new to the forum as I’m interested in trading in my JK for a JL .i was hoping you all can give me some advice.

After doing some research I saw that in the 2021’s if you want the 3.6 w/ an auto etorque is mandatory. I have no experience with etorque but to me it just looks like something else that will break eventually and that I can’t fix.

Should I seek out a new 2020 left over on a lot somewhere and avoid the etorque or should I not be so worried?

The only new 2020 2 door rubis are a few states away, would it be worth it to travel to avoid the etorque or should I just get a 2021 in my area and call it a day? Thanks for any help in advance
My 2021 3.6 auto doesn't have etorque.They were available without.I did order mine though.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Under the seat? Are you thinking about the 4xe battery? The eTorque battery is under the Jeep in a space that isn't used.
There's a lot of thoughts (and exclamation points) crammed into not a lot of words. I assumed 40V was a typo for 400V, and that the first sentence pivots from complaining about eTorque to 4xe. Then the second sentence jumps back to eTorque, with the third being a rant on anything with the auxiliary battery.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Not wrong thinking e torque v6 48 v battery under bcck seat against rear front seat wall. NOT under vehicle, thats where the cooling crap is!

Im not talking about 4xe either
! here's a quote from an V6 etorque explanation.

How Does Jeep Wrangler's eTorque Mild Hybrid Technology Work?
A 48-volt battery pack works with the motor generator to create:

a seamless start/stop function;
  • a short-duration torque addition to the engine crankshaft in particular driving conditions; and,
  • brake energy regeneration to increase efficiency and responsiveness.
When the engine is running, eTorque's motor generator unit delivers 48-volt current to a 430 watt-hour lithium-ion Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NMC)-Graphite battery. The battery pack includes a 3-kilowatt DC-to-DC converter. This holds the battery's charge and converts 48 volts to 12 volts so that power can be use to power Jeep Wrangler's accessories and charge its conventional 12-volt lead-acid battery.

" About the size of a small suitcase, the air-cooled battery pack is mounted to the interior rear wall of Jeep Wrangler's cabin. The battery pack's case is insulated to hush the noise generate by the dual cooling fans. "

From Auto Group ZIEGLER, look it up !!

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Not wrong thinking e torque v6 48 v battery under bcck seat against rear front seat wall. NOT under vehicle, thats where the cooling crap is!

Im not talking about 4xe either

" About the size of a small suitcase, the air-cooled battery pack is mounted to the interior rear wall of Jeep Wrangler's cabin. The battery pack's case is insulated to hush the noise generate by the dual cooling fans. "

From Auto Group ZIEGLER, look it up !!
No. Post a link.

flyerpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon v6 eTorque
My 48 volt etorque battery on a 2021 3.6L 2021 JLU Rubicon is just like the 2.0L video. Under the body, outside (driver side) next to the drive shaft.
Sponsored