Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
I guess my frame of reference was from boating experience. A motor boat I had would max out around 50 mph but didn't do that too often. Hats were always fine out on the water...
Same boating frame of reference. And wave runners. The right hat and keeping your head slightly down always keeps my hat on. At higher speeds, I don't wear a hat. I've always worn hats in my jeeps. Never an issue. I think it depends on what drivers are accustomed to and if they're willing to adapt to a jeep (boating) lifestyle

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I love to have my top down and I love to have my doors off. But over 50 mph I don’t enjoy it. Didn’t mind in my YJ in my 20s. Maybe I’ve just gotten old. Now on the highway i like to be buttoned up.

Sorry if that offends anyone.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Jeeps were designed to be driven while wearing a helmet, not a hat. :captain: Maybe give that a try

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

This forum is strangely reminiscent of the corvette forum. Waiting for the zaino threads fo start :giggle:

Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
First Jeep, had it since November. I was looking forward to stripping it down and doing as much top-down, doors off driving as possible in the nicer months, bought some mirrors and am ready to go. I've had the doors off twice now and the problem is the wind effects. I basically can't go anywhere from my house without getting on roads that you'd typically drive 50+ MPH. So of course I expected some 'wind in your hair' type stuff, but first time out, the wind got so bad it felt like my hat was going to blow off. So OK, I thought I wore the wrong hat, need a tighter hat. I have one so I'll wear that one. Next time out, with the tighter hat, wind felt like it would blow that one off too, and even it was so bad it felt like my eye-glasses were going to blow too. So I'm driving down the road, sitting on my hat holding my eyeglasses with one hand, steering with the other, manual transmission - that's a no go. To be fair, they both were somewhat windy days, but still. So is that how it goes, you really can't do those speeds without the doors? Or was it just bad weather for it, keep trying? Thanks for your advice.
That happenes to me when I ride my motorcycle. :( Wonder what's wrong with my bike.

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
Weird, I've been commuting almost an hour each way on the interstate with top and doors off this week and it's been great. :rock:

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
So, people by a Jeep then complain about the wind...REALLY???
Those will trade them before they need new tires.

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
First Jeep, had it since November. I was looking forward to stripping it down and doing as much top-down, doors off driving as possible in the nicer months, bought some mirrors and am ready to go. I've had the doors off twice now and the problem is the wind effects. I basically can't go anywhere from my house without getting on roads that you'd typically drive 50+ MPH. So of course I expected some 'wind in your hair' type stuff, but first time out, the wind got so bad it felt like my hat was going to blow off. So OK, I thought I wore the wrong hat, need a tighter hat. I have one so I'll wear that one. Next time out, with the tighter hat, wind felt like it would blow that one off too, and even it was so bad it felt like my eye-glasses were going to blow too. So I'm driving down the road, sitting on my hat holding my eyeglasses with one hand, steering with the other, manual transmission - that's a no go. To be fair, they both were somewhat windy days, but still. So is that how it goes, you really can't do those speeds without the doors? Or was it just bad weather for it, keep trying? Thanks for your advice.
You dont get out much do you?

Were you expecting a quiet wind free ride?

Seriously people...

Sponsored

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I don't think anyone has said it yet so I will. Maybe "it's a jeep thing?"

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I took the doors and the top off today, temperature was around 85°. I noticed my AC wasn't cooling the cabin as before. Should I be concerned? Take it to the dealer maybe? Would this be covered by the warranty?
Sponsored