Sponsored

Difference in fog light mounting brackets

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Does anybody know what the differences are between the halogen and LED fog light mounting brackets?

I've been looking at aftermarket bumpers and some only accept the LED mounts and was wondering how difficult it would be to fabricate an adaptor to mount the halogen fogs.

Alternatively, if I were to just buy the LED fog lights separately would these be "plug and play" compatible on a Sport S? You should be able to order this from MOPAR shortly if I'm not mistaken.
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same question.

Looking at these https://www.extremeterrain.com/kc-hilites-4-gravity-g4-clear-led-replacement-fog-light-1017-jk.html , it doesn't really speak towards a difference in mounting. I did note the product is shown on a Barricade Extreme HD that does state it won't work with Halogen fog lights: https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-extreme-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html

I would be willing to upgrade to allow it to work with an aftermarket bumper. $124 beats paying the MOPAR prices i've been hearing $300+

Searching the mopar site, I was only able to locate a Fog Light Bracket (at the time of this post) but it did not show any details or speak towards halogen vs. led support. https://mopar.chromedata.com/NextGen/C1111#/productDetails/11418075/282154278

DelNinja

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Had the same question.

Looking at these https://www.extremeterrain.com/kc-hilites-4-gravity-g4-clear-led-replacement-fog-light-1017-jk.html , it doesn't really speak towards a difference in mounting. I did note the product is shown on a Barricade Extreme HD that does state it won't work with Halogen fog lights: https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-extreme-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html

I would be willing to upgrade to allow it to work with an aftermarket bumper. $124 beats paying the MOPAR prices i've been hearing $300+

Searching the mopar site, I was only able to locate a Fog Light Bracket (at the time of this post) but it did not show any details or speak towards halogen vs. led support. https://mopar.chromedata.com/NextGen/C1111#/productDetails/11418075/282154278

Keep in mind that price is for ONE fog light. You have to order two of those. I ordered one and got duped....

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind that price is for ONE fog light. You have to order two of those. I ordered one and got duped....
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you could get a refund maybe as it was not "clear" what the product included, etc.?

I'm waiting for either a bracket or some more DIY's for people fitting the Halogen mounts to XYZ bumpers. I have seen a few bumpers that people have cut down the Halogen mount and had the mounting points line up.

There might be the possibility of picking up a JK Fog Light set as well, as I believe the last few years of JK fog mounts fit the same as the new JL LED Fogs... Like the other options, I'd want to confirm/put eyes on them, etc.

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
There seems to be 3 at least 3 different fog light mounts this is what the halogen mounts look like in my Rubicon plastic bumper

MVIMG_20180421_145955.jpg

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
There seems to be 3 at least 3 different fog light mounts this is what the halogen mounts look like in my Rubicon plastic bumper

MVIMG_20180421_145955.jpg
Thanks for the pics,

I think the trimming I have seen was done on the "square" mount from the Rubi Plastic Bumper.... I have the Sport version, so I'm betting I'll need to go the JK route when changing out bumpers if I want to keep my OEM fogs. /sigh

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This question, for me, has still been hard to find an answer for. My problem is simple, I have halogen fogs lights and would prefer to keep them and replace my bumper, but a large number of bumpers indicate compatibility with OEM LED lights only. Here are the few things I've been able to figure out.

1. The sport plastic bumper with halogen fog lights (all sport models) use a 3 point mount that nothing else uses and no bumper seems to be compatible with.
2. The rubicon and sahara with plastic bumpers have the same fog light mounts.
3. Rubicon/sahara plastic bumpers use a 4 point mount for the halogen fogs.
4. Rubicon steel bumpers use what Chris has shown above, the LED with 2 bolts.

What I am still unsure of, is whether the Rubicon/Sahara plastic bumper LED fogs use a 2 or 4 point mount, and if 4, is it the same as the halogen?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JasonM

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm currently working on a bumper design that will work with JL fogs, both LED and halogen. If anyone needs info on the fog lights, let me know. My OEM LED light just arrived today for testing and we have the OEM halogen versions here off our JL. As far as I can tell, the JL only has the two versions of their lights. Please let me know if someone has seen a different version.

My plan is to make it fit the JK fogs as well, so I can accommodate anyone's factory fogs.

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
This question, for me, has still been hard to find an answer for. My problem is simple, I have halogen fogs lights and would prefer to keep them and replace my bumper, but a large number of bumpers indicate compatibility with OEM LED lights only. Here are the few things I've been able to figure out.

1. The sport plastic bumper with halogen fog lights (all sport models) use a 3 point mount that nothing else uses and no bumper seems to be compatible with.
2. The rubicon and sahara with plastic bumpers have the same fog light mounts.
3. Rubicon/sahara plastic bumpers use a 4 point mount for the halogen fogs.
4. Rubicon steel bumpers use what Chris has shown above, the LED with 2 bolts.

What I am still unsure of, is whether the Rubicon/Sahara plastic bumper LED fogs use a 2 or 4 point mount, and if 4, is it the same as the halogen?

The Rubicon’s with the steel bumper have the 2 point mounts. Rubicon’s with plastic bumpers use the same fog lights as the Sahara. I upgraded the LED fogs on my JLUR with Baja Designs. They come with a wiring harness so it’s plug and play. They sell different models for the Rubicon steel bumper, Rubicon/Sahara plastic bumper and Sport. It may be easier to order a kit that will be compatible with the bumper you want.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Lighting-Kits.asp

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
The Rubicon’s with the steel bumper have the 2 point mounts. Rubicon’s with plastic bumpers use the same fog lights as the Sahara. I upgraded the LED fogs on my JLUR with Baja Designs. They come with a wiring harness so it’s plug and play. They sell different models for the Rubicon steel bumper, Rubicon/Sahara plastic bumper and Sport. It may be easier to order a kit that will be compatible with the bumper you want.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Lighting-Kits.asp
I know that, the LED's on the Sahara and rubicon with plastic bumper are the same, but what about the halogen fogs?

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
I know that, the LED's on the Sahara and rubicon with plastic bumper are the same, but what about the halogen fogs?
They are the same part numbers so it’s safe to say they are the same.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
They are the same part numbers so it’s safe to say they are the same.

I don't mean between the Sahara and the plastic Rubicon bumper, I mean between the LED and the halogen fog lamps, are the mounting configurations the same?
Sponsored