Sponsored

Diff Cover Upgrade vs Diff Skids vs both?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting glad I saw this post I was not aware of that and also looking for a skid plate. I can not decide what to get. My diff has taken some hits and I need to get something on it ASAP.
AD9CDDBC-FD1E-45DC-9387-1D74D9A60D5C.jpeg
Same boat. I’m doing more aggressive trails now that I have 35s so I want to keep from contacting my front diff. Checking out the rough country one now. I think I may go this route for now. Seems beefy and will at least protect the drain plug.
Sponsored

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Same boat. I’m doing more aggressive trails now that I have 35s so I want to keep from contacting my front diff. Checking out the rough country one now. I think I may go this route for now. Seems beefy and will at least protect the drain plug.
Looking at the same one too. Only one I really like is next venture and not ready to fork over the $300+ Read post like this though that make me question if it’ll protect well. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ont-diff-skid-m210-21-rubicon-question.76409/

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the same one too. Only one I really like is next venture and not ready to fork over the $300+ Read post like this though that make me question if it’ll protect well. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ont-diff-skid-m210-21-rubicon-question.76409/
Yeah I saw that too. Also on the next venture, I’d love to buy that one too but I’m also not ready to shell out the $370 for the skid system and as I understand it you have to use their diff cover too. I think that was another $200 but I could be wrong on needing it or not.

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Yeah I saw that too. Also on the next venture, I’d love to buy that one too but I’m also not ready to shell out the $370 for the skid system and as I understand it you have to use their diff cover too. I think that was another $200 but I could be wrong on needing it or not.
You dont need to, you can buy a spacer they sell to use the stock diff cover.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I was hoping to see more info about the protection factor of a heavy duty diff cover, or lack thereof, for rock crawling.
I think I may just go with a diff skid.
Sponsored