Sponsored

Dead Pedal, single bolt attachment type.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Looking at the pictures, does this make it difficult (or impossible) to pull your all weather mats out if the dead pedal is bolted in place and sitting on the mat? Does it damage the mat?
Sponsored

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Looking at the pictures, does this make it difficult (or impossible) to pull your all weather mats out if the dead pedal is bolted in place and sitting on the mat? Does it damage the mat?
It is hinged, so it can be ā€œflippedā€ up to remove the mat. I canā€™t speak to damage as Iā€™ve only had it in for 2 days

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Mine is not hinges but there is enough room to slide the Matt out. Iā€™ve had it installed for a couple of weeks. No damage.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Mine is not hinges but there is enough room to slide the Matt out. Iā€™ve had it installed for a couple of weeks. No damage.
Mines been in for over a year and no damage and mat slides out easily.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Mine is hinged and it swings up.

If you assemble it first, then it is a less than 5 minute installation.

Too bad that they raised the price, as I only paid $16.99 a few weeks ago at Amazon

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Just installed this. Iā€™m used to always having my left leg bent. This may be a nice break between both sitting positions. Worth the 20 minutes it took to install following adjustments. Super easy Install.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Install was super easy and I was looking so forward to having the dead pedal. But, itā€™s just so far away that Iā€™m not finding it very beneficial. Iā€™d have to love the seat up another 2-3 clicks to make the dead pedal useful.

I like to think Iā€™m somewhat intelligent, but I canā€™t figure out with all the adjustments how to make it ā€œstick outā€ further.

OP
OP
Den_JL2DR

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SportS 2DR 6 Cyl Hardtop
Install was super easy and I was looking so forward to having the dead pedal. But, itā€™s just so far away that Iā€™m not finding it very beneficial. Iā€™d have to love the seat up another 2-3 clicks to make the dead pedal useful.

I like to think Iā€™m somewhat intelligent, but I canā€™t figure out with all the adjustments how to make it ā€œstick outā€ further.
The base plate to the Jeep has two bolts that attach the bracket. The way mine arrived it was already as forward as possible if the middle bracket is attaching at the top to the pedal as shown below.

An option is to add a metal spacer in between the back plate and the bracket and use longer bolts, if handy with cut/drill or know someone to do this, that is if not minding a little DIY to modify.

First would see what distance is needed, use either piece of wood or thin book and while stationary, place it against the pedal and see how much more forward to feel comfortable.
If it's a small amount the spacer idea can be something to explore.
Too much spacer and it will change the geometry to meet the floor which is needed for
stability, so perhaps dropping down a position on the rear base plate, but that again will
also change the angle slightly.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal, single bolt attachment type. Spacer

Reactions: DHW

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I find that it's too far when I have my right foot at my driving distance. I like having all 3 pedals in line with each other.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I find that it's too far when I have my right foot at my driving distance. I like having all 3 pedals in line with each other.
I installed this a few days ago and noticed it sits too low and far back to be comfortable at driving seat position. I tried several positions for the dead pedal.

I also noticed the metal is super flimsy and already sustained a slight bend to it with not applying much pressure to it.

I ended up removing it and would not recommend it to anyone else. Install was easy but that doesn't really matter here.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I installed this a few days ago and noticed it sits too low and far back to be comfortable at driving seat position. I tried several positions for the dead pedal.

I also noticed the metal is super flimsy and already sustained a slight bend to it with not applying much pressure to it.

I ended up removing it and would not recommend it to anyone else. Install was easy but that doesn't really matter here.
I ended up getting this https://amzn.to/3fsd6Ez
Much stronger and closer. Iā€™m able to push against it and brace my back against my seat if I gotta piss in a bottle šŸ‘

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
20 minute install dead pedal, came in two parts, pedal and small bracket and back plate that goes to Jeep,
and supplied with two sets of bolts and nylanuts to attach parts together. Made of steel. Feels solid.

Faster to remove the bracket, attach bracket to back plate, then reattach to pedal using #10 open wrench
and #5 hex driver. Choose one of four positions on back plate for height of pedal attachment. I choose the
second from top, will see how that goes for positions and different boots.

Attaches to single red bolt on Jeep firewall under dash using 1/2" wrench.

The pedal hinges up with friction hold to remove the carpet to clean, presses against the floor, so it's a
few inches back from brake.

Read of so many install issues with the side mounted pedals, was pleased this was not difficult, one bolt
straight back. Probably faster to use a small low power air wrench to deal w/ 1/2" nut, but on one knee
outside Jeep, front seat back, towel over edge, leaned in to wrench nut off and on, not so bad.

There are a lot of these on Ebay, some overseas, but searched for metal black left peg jeep wrangler jl
and found a supplier in Los Angeles (customer). Was $23 and free ship. PM if interested in link.

link?
Sponsored