2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Does the bottom of the pedal rest on the floorboard, or is it suspended somehow? If it rests on the bottom, is it still easy to remove the mats? Looks like its no biggie, just curious...

Edit: never mind, lol. I just watched one of the videos on Amazon and he demonstrated that it does lift up.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don't like that it has the JK grille on it and not the JL.

Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
I added a JeCar Dead Pedal today and love it. It was an easy install and has 4 adjustable settings. What I do like is that it goes all the way down to the floor mat. For $50 it is worth every cent.
I purchased mine on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KW66HLD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
20190202_152301.jpg
Thank you for posting this info, as I was wondering about that option since there are only a couple to choose from; the MORE option seems to be a serious PiTA based on other posts. Safe to assume the hardware provided aligned and played well with the existing setup without further modification? And I agree, for that sticker price it should be a JL image, but changing the appearance would be easy.

OP
OP
JohnnyJLUR

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
Thank you for posting this info, as I was wondering about that option since there are only a couple to choose from; the MORE option seems to be a serious PiTA based on other posts. Safe to assume the hardware provided aligned and played well with the existing setup without further modification? And I agree, for that sticker price it should be a JL image, but changing the appearance would be easy.
Everything is provided in the kit. There is one bold that attaches to the body on the inside firewall. You can remove that bolt and use it or I just simply purchased another bolt and a crush washer and installed the foot rest.

Here is a quote from the amazon reviews on installation:
This dead pedal is easy to install, assuming you have the right tools, including, for my 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, a 13mm deepwell socket wrench. The dead pedal is also adjustable for your desired foot angle, another positive. Note that no instructions were included in the package. You need to use the instructions on this Amazon listing. If you are uncomfortable taking the nut off the bolt for mounting as noted in the instructions, install the base plate on the bolt with the original nut still installed. Then secure the base plate with an M8-1.25 nut, purchased separately.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Everything is provided in the kit. There is one bold that attaches to the body on the inside firewall. You can remove that bolt and use it or I just simply purchased another bolt and a crush washer and installed the foot rest.

This dead pedal is easy to install, assuming you have the right tools, including, for my 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, a 13mm deepwell socket wrench. The dead pedal is also adjustable for your desired foot angle, another positive. Note that no instructions were included in the package. You need to use the instructions on this Amazon listing. If you are uncomfortable taking the nut off the bolt for mounting as noted in the instructions, install the base plate on the bolt with the original nut still installed. Then secure the base plate with an M8-1.25 nut, purchased separately.
Thank you, John, I appreciate the follow-up. Another "instruction free" product. . . just to challenge us all, eh?

Sponsored

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander

I couldn’t get the nut off the Jeep. Thanks for the size info to get one! Fits perfectly.
Sponsored