Dead Pedal???

1. Hudson

Hudson Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 JLR
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I bought the Sparta for $20. Well made and adjustable. Liked it so much I bought one for my friend.

Also did the raise the front seat height mod. You should also replace the front bolts too as the stock ones aren’t really long enough to accommodate the 1/2 nut. Only adds another $8, and you can get some replacements that mirror the stock bolts. Great mod that made things more comfy. Tip - loosen the rear bolts to help make it easier to re install the front bolts.

Nikko2020 likes this.
  2. Nikko2020

Nikko2020 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
    Liked:
    I agreed and bought the Seven Sparta Dead Pedal and really like it. I'm not sure what makes the MORE so expensive, but it does seem as though people like it. Personal opinion, but I didn't like the look of the bent pipe compared with the Sparta. Doesn't look like the Sparta is available on Amazon currently however? Either way, I don't think you can go wrong - the dead pedal is a great / cheap mod.

josh8811 likes this.
  3. josh8811

josh8811 Member

First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Rubicon (soon)
    Liked:
    Where did you get the Sparta? Not seeing a website and amazon list it but its not in stock

4. Nikko2020

Nikko2020 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
    Liked:
    I picked it up on Amazon. Seems like they are out of it right now, not sure why?

5. Will_Jeep

Will_Jeep Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle(s):
    Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
    Liked:
    I too bought the Sparta, as others have said, they are a pain in the a$$ to install.
    I found the an off cut of 1x2 tucked in behind the backing plate held everything in place while I tightened everything up.
    I too am 6'2", equally proportioned legs vs torso, and found that the middle setting works best for me.

Adamoni likes this.
  6. Shots

Shots Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Winchell
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
    Liked:
    I've considered a dead pedal, but like you, I never really considered my JL to be uncomfortable. I figured if it's not uncomfortable, why bother adding it. I'm an inch shorter than you, but I figure that's close enough, so If you decide to add one, I'd be interested to find out if you think it was better, or if it's just kind of indifferent.

Maybe they are knock offs, but I think Oreo is a great reason to not count the knock off out.

Hydrox predate Oreo by about 4 years. One could say Oreo is a knock off, and not as good, but clearly they've established that they're a tasty cookie.
    1024px-Hydrox100_jeh.jpg

Maybe one of these knock off dead pedals is the new Oreo and MORE is Hydrox.
    Of course it's also possible the original is the better option as it often is. Hard to tell I guess, but I wouldn't rule the knock off out.

Goluchowski likes this.
  7. jludave

jludave Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
    Liked:
    I never said to count the knock offs out. The OP simply asked why the MORE pedal is more expensive than the others and I gave a reason.

8. rockadile

rockadile Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mojito! JLUR
    Liked:
    I, too, installed the Seven Sparta dead pedal. I bought it since it was cheap and others were expounding the advantages of a dead pedal. I find myself using it almost never. It is solid. I certainly would not have bought a dead pedal if I had to pay MORE's price. I do not believe the MORE product is worth 3x more than the competitors.

Adamoni, Dkretden and Yorkie3621 like this.
  9. Dkretden

Dkretden Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JLUR 3.6L
    Liked:
    I also installed the 7 Sparta. I am not a huge dead pedal person but I do like having an alternate place for my left foot on long drives.

personally, I think that the pedal is “too high” and doesn’t support my “whole foot”, only the ball and toes of the foot. It just feels awkward.... also, the cable for the door rubs on my shin when my foot is on the dead pedal. Also feels awkward.

Despite all of that, on a long drive, I still like the option of the pedal. Probably worth the money and the struggle to get it installed. Around town, it won’t get used.....

10. VA72mlibu

VA72mlibu Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
    Liked:
    I use mine almost all the time. It’s among my favorite mods.

11. Shots

Shots Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Winchell
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
    Liked:
    That's a good reason why MORE would cost..... wait for it.... more. :CWL:
    Seriously though. I wasn't trying to say you were implying they should be counted out. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just saying, knock-offs shouldn't be counted out in general, because they can some times be better than (or as good as) the original. But you're right, they usually are cheaper than the original.

jludave likes this.