Sponsored

Dead Pedal???

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Sparta for $20. Well made and adjustable. Liked it so much I bought one for my friend.

Also did the raise the front seat height mod. You should also replace the front bolts too as the stock ones aren’t really long enough to accommodate the 1/2 nut. Only adds another $8, and you can get some replacements that mirror the stock bolts. Great mod that made things more comfy. Tip - loosen the rear bolts to help make it easier to re install the front bolts.
Sponsored

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
I do like my seat tilted slightly up in other vehicles. Might try this too!

On another note, I followed that amazon link. There's several dead pedal options. What makes the MORE worth so much MORE money? It seems like a $50 part tops.
I agreed and bought the Seven Sparta Dead Pedal and really like it. I'm not sure what makes the MORE so expensive, but it does seem as though people like it. Personal opinion, but I didn't like the look of the bent pipe compared with the Sparta. Doesn't look like the Sparta is available on Amazon currently however? Either way, I don't think you can go wrong - the dead pedal is a great / cheap mod.

josh8811

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (soon)
I agreed and bought the Seven Sparta Dead Pedal and really like it. I'm not sure what makes the MORE so expensive, but it does seem as though people like it. Personal opinion, but I didn't like the look of the bent pipe compared with the Sparta. Doesn't look like the Sparta is available on Amazon currently however? Either way, I don't think you can go wrong - the dead pedal is a great / cheap mod.
Where did you get the Sparta? Not seeing a website and amazon list it but its not in stock

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the Sparta? Not seeing a website and amazon list it but its not in stock
I picked it up on Amazon. Seems like they are out of it right now, not sure why?

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I too bought the Sparta, as others have said, they are a pain in the a$$ to install.
I found the an off cut of 1x2 tucked in behind the backing plate held everything in place while I tightened everything up.
I too am 6'2", equally proportioned legs vs torso, and found that the middle setting works best for me.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Looking at adding a dead pedal. I’m 6’2” and do a lot of long freeway drives but I don’t find it uncomfortable, however, I keep hearing adding a dead pedal really adds to the comfort.

Should I?

MORE, Portal or Spartan or another brand?

Thanks.
I've considered a dead pedal, but like you, I never really considered my JL to be uncomfortable. I figured if it's not uncomfortable, why bother adding it. I'm an inch shorter than you, but I figure that's close enough, so If you decide to add one, I'd be interested to find out if you think it was better, or if it's just kind of indifferent.

MORE is a reputable company with reputable support. Most, if not all, of the others are knock offs.
Maybe they are knock offs, but I think Oreo is a great reason to not count the knock off out.

Hydrox predate Oreo by about 4 years. One could say Oreo is a knock off, and not as good, but clearly they've established that they're a tasty cookie.
1024px-Hydrox100_jeh.jpg

Maybe one of these knock off dead pedals is the new Oreo and MORE is Hydrox.
Of course it's also possible the original is the better option as it often is. Hard to tell I guess, but I wouldn't rule the knock off out.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Maybe they are knock offs, but I think Oreo is a great reason to not count the knock off out.
I never said to count the knock offs out. The OP simply asked why the MORE pedal is more expensive than the others and I gave a reason.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I, too, installed the Seven Sparta dead pedal. I bought it since it was cheap and others were expounding the advantages of a dead pedal. I find myself using it almost never. It is solid. I certainly would not have bought a dead pedal if I had to pay MORE's price. I do not believe the MORE product is worth 3x more than the competitors.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I, too, installed the Seven Sparta dead pedal. I bought it since it was cheap and others were expounding the advantages of a dead pedal. I find myself using it almost never. It is solid. I certainly would not have bought a dead pedal if I had to pay MORE's price. I do not believe the MORE product is worth 3x more than the competitors.
I also installed the 7 Sparta. I am not a huge dead pedal person but I do like having an alternate place for my left foot on long drives.

personally, I think that the pedal is “too high” and doesn’t support my “whole foot”, only the ball and toes of the foot. It just feels awkward.... also, the cable for the door rubs on my shin when my foot is on the dead pedal. Also feels awkward.

Despite all of that, on a long drive, I still like the option of the pedal. Probably worth the money and the struggle to get it installed. Around town, it won’t get used.....

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I use mine almost all the time. It’s among my favorite mods.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I never said to count the knock offs out. The OP simply asked why the MORE pedal is more expensive than the others and I gave a reason.
That's a good reason why MORE would cost..... wait for it.... more. :CWL:
Seriously though. I wasn't trying to say you were implying they should be counted out. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just saying, knock-offs shouldn't be counted out in general, because they can some times be better than (or as good as) the original. But you're right, they usually are cheaper than the original.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Even if some companies aren't making a Dead Pedal for the JL yet, were there any really good models that were effective for the JK ? Maybe it's just a matter of time until the companies also produce one for the JL ??....I can't believe that these are the only 2 companies that make one for the JL....

I don't have one installed on my current JK; however, I can see how it would be much more comfortable with one....Some do look like they are way too high and wouldn't give you the support you are looking for....Like another member said, "only the ball of his foot and toes".....

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
I also have the Seven Sparta and like it! I dont care what you read this install is a bitch if you are not small.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Will,

Which one did you install ?
Do you have any photos ? ........The MORE one seems to be substantial; however, it seems that it is a bit small and too high, from what I read.....
Sponsored