Sponsored

Dead Pedal, single bolt attachment type.

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SportS 2DR 6 Cyl Hardtop
20 minute install dead pedal, came in two parts, pedal and small bracket and back plate that goes to Jeep,
and supplied with two sets of bolts and nylanuts to attach parts together. Made of steel. Feels solid.

Faster to remove the bracket, attach bracket to back plate, then reattach to pedal using #10 open wrench
and #5 hex driver. Choose one of four positions on back plate for height of pedal attachment. I choose the
second from top, will see how that goes for positions and different boots.

Attaches to single red bolt on Jeep firewall under dash using 1/2" wrench.

The pedal hinges up with friction hold to remove the carpet to clean, presses against the floor, so it's a
few inches back from brake.

Read of so many install issues with the side mounted pedals, was pleased this was not difficult, one bolt
straight back. Probably faster to use a small low power air wrench to deal w/ 1/2" nut, but on one knee
outside Jeep, front seat back, towel over edge, leaned in to wrench nut off and on, not so bad.

There are a lot of these on Ebay, some overseas, but searched for metal black left peg jeep wrangler jl
and found a supplier in Los Angeles (customer). Was $23 and free ship. PM if interested in link.

Pedal1.jpg

P2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
looks good, looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it after a couple drives

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Ordered up a similar one off of amazon. Hopefully it’s a 20 minute install for me. If not I don’t mind kicking it to the curb.

OP
OP
Den_JL2DR

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm liking it. Was concerned it would move, but the base sits on the carpet and feels solid so far.

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I'm liking it. Was concerned it would move, but the base sits on the carpet and feels solid so far.
going to give it a try and order one from ebay. i do like how it rests on the ground instead of being elevated. I Drove GTI's for 15 years and im just so used to heaving a dead pedal

Sponsored

OP
OP
Den_JL2DR

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PM if you need a link. I'm a two foot driver for automatic, feathering brake and gas, and years of sticks in cars and trucks fed the need for both to feel active; too many years to change, so I only use this for longer drives out of traffic to rest the brake foot.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I just installed mine off Amazon. Super easy to do. I used a second nut to do the install. Had to take it off once to adjust the angle. Takes 10 minutes once you have the nut.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
20 minute install dead pedal, came in two parts, pedal and small bracket and back plate that goes to Jeep,
and supplied with two sets of bolts and nylanuts to attach parts together. Made of steel. Feels solid.

Faster to remove the bracket, attach bracket to back plate, then reattach to pedal using #10 open wrench
and #5 hex driver. Choose one of four positions on back plate for height of pedal attachment. I choose the

The pedal hinges up with friction hold to remove the carpet to clean, presses against the floor, so it's a

Read of so many install issues with the side mounted pedals, was pleased this was not difficult, one bolt
straight back. Probably faster to use a small low power air wrench to deal w/ 1/2" nut, but on one knee
outside Jeep, front seat back, towel over edge, leaned in to wrench nut off and on, not so bad.

There are a lot of these on Ebay, some overseas, but searched for metal black left peg jeep wrangler jl
and found a supplier in Los Angeles (customer). Was $23 and free ship. PM if interested in link.

Pedal1.jpg

P2.jpg
61xqhixxqAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I just got one of these from Amazon for $16.99 with free freight.

I love it!

It took me less than 5 minutes to install it, if you assemble it first and then attach it to the factory stud.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
^just got the same one. At which holes did you bolt it on? What’s your height<——general question for anyone else running the same mount.

OP
OP
Den_JL2DR

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^just got the same one. At which holes did you bolt it on? What’s your height<——general question for anyone else running the same mount.
Second from top. Firewall bolt is long enough to hang it to try stationary. As Mark shared, can be a second nut.
For a short drive test, could be jam nuts to work out positions and replace with nylanuts.

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I originally did the highest position and then moved it down one notch after discovering that my foot isn't as naturally comfortable in the vertical resting position as I thought.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal, single bolt attachment type. 61xqhixxqAL._AC_SL1500_

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal, single bolt attachment type. 61xqhixxqAL._AC_SL1500_
I totally agree! I shit canned the MORE pedal after dropping the nuts and finally realizing one of the stud posts was not tapped properly.

I have now installed the kit that you picked. I've even modified it a bit to change the angle. A piece of cake to install but my experience did show that it can loosen up if you don't use at least a blue thread locker which I did the second time! It's a great, easy to install addition to the JL.

BrassMan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I got the same one. Easy install and much cheaper than the others. Works great!

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Did mine Saturday and it took legit 10mins. Makes a huge difference. Especially if you’re used to having that dead pedal.

made the Sunday cruise a lot more enjoyable on my left leg.

thanks for sharing this!

2E6B5625-69E1-4BAC-B62E-43D559FC449F.jpeg

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
So, I ended up doing slight surgery on mine. I’m 6 foot and sit with the seat all the way back. The dead pedal was just too close. So I hacked a couple of inches off the end and red rolled the holes. With the pedal at its lowest bolt pattern, it’s perfect.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal, single bolt attachment type. 73262A16-ABF4-49AF-873A-1E4AA5DDCA9E
Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal, single bolt attachment type. E21C7408-2575-43D9-9055-17A52A48A15A
Sponsored