• Bought the Jeep previously upgraded

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I honestly just had the means to pay cash. Just pay the Amex balance off each month in full.

If I did not, I probably would just run smaller tires, as to be honest... 37's on 44's for the JL are just fine if you're careful, and I would just avoid the harder stuff. Likely still have just as much fun.
Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
If they release the 392 I'll get one. Just don't know what to do with all my parts. Will probably swap out everything I can onto the wife's JT.
Well 392 will need 60’s to handle all that power so.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
But you just spent quite some money to put 37s on "weak" axles.... are you actually wheeling 37s on the stock axles?

Some people just spend 150k on a Mercedes, some people spend 80~90k on a tesla. I don't see the big deal with buying a 30~40k sport and putting 30k upgrades on it, it is not THAT expensive compared to high end cars. So I understand how people do it since I see SO MANY cars that are over 60k on the road. Would I do it? no, I don't need it. It is a matter of priorities.
I bought a Rubicon using a dealer I found on this forum and saved a ton of money. I have been driving my JLUR basically stock and have added a few items (air compressor and skid plates), but have used the last year to find out what I enjoy doing with the Jeep. I have a reservation on a Cybertruck, because electric is the future, but I doubt I will follow through as I have found that having the ability to go topless and doorless is such an amazing driving experience.

I will probably spend my money on a teardrop trailer and pull it behind the Jeep to enjoy the outdoors more comfortably. I have four teens and three going off to college over the next 5 years. I put money away for them, but they were raised to have "skin in the game". They have to contribute more than 50% for their car and are responsible to pay for insurance and gas. I have a spreadsheet of planned upgrades and prioritize the most important and simply purchase what fits my budget. I will be debt free in less than 5 years and will retire 1 day after I turn 60 and will be on the road exploring this country and others I can drive too for a few years straight. Hopefully my wife wants to go, but they make postcards for a reason ;)

You have to do what you feel comfortable doing for yourself. As others have described there are many ways to approach your wants as it relates to Jeep upgrades and it can be almost bottomless to the amount you spend. If you are going to D60's are you planning to do an engine swap? I would think take-off D44s with RCVs would probably provide a much more cost effective solution. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
There's that word again.... priorities.

Do you feel people can justify $150k dollar Mercs because they don't go bash them through the rocks on the weekends?

You want to see real ballers... watch trophy truck stuff. Million dollar vehicles you could write off in a minute. I think that is why you see the people on the trail having the most fun are usually the guys in $5k dollar XJ's. LOL
I always hear you can just buy the XJ for $500. The vehicle is the cheaper than most of the upgrades people put on them.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Back in the day, there were 0% interest 1-1.5 year balance transfers and no fee to transfer balances
This is what I do, there are some 0% for 12-18 months, but you need good credit to get them.
most even give you $200 if you spend $500 in the first billing cycle.
I will never buy anything any other way.

Need to spend over $1000?, get a 0% CC with good cashback and a money bonus for using it, end up paying far less, pay it off before APR goes up and your credit also goes up.

Having good credit is priceless

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Yep....when they pay you such a big incentive to use their cards, it's almost stupid not to....got to read the fine print though on the offers....some will say they won't pay you the "bonus" until 6 months after you've had your account and you have to have used it every month.

I typically stick with whichever card is giving me the most cash back...usually 1.5% but occasionally 2%. It actually adds up since I pay for everything with a credit card (and some items during promotions are 5% back).

We use the Citi Double Cash card on everything. Even bills that don't charge you a fee for using a card. 2% cash back on everything. Shit adds up quick.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Yeah, and we don't have kids either....so I think that's a HUGE difference in disposable income.

Nothing against kids here either....would love to have them and they are an absolute blessing; but with the wife's cancer and some other medical issues, it just wasn't in the cards. :(

Kids are expensive. No kids really puts you in the minority. Do you feel like the no kids thing puts you in a weird dynamic considering everyone around you has kids?

We have our dogs. They are like our kids.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have four teens and three going off to college over the next 5 years. I put money away for them, but they were raised to have "skin in the game". They have to contribute more than 50% for their car and are responsible to pay for insurance and gas. I have a spreadsheet of planned upgrades and prioritize the most important and simply purchase what fits my budget. I will be debt free in less than 5 years
All of this ^ ... Very un-American...

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Well 392 will need 60’s to handle all that power so.
Probably not. I would just expect FCA to deny warranty coverage on the 44's if they suspect someone took it offroad lol.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0