• Total voters

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
With the pre-built axles on the market (Fusion, Currie, Dynatrac, etc...), what are you guys doing to pay for $14-20k in axles? Not including the inevitable costs of tire/wheel upgrades, options, installs, etc.,

Are most financing these upgrades, purchasing outright, etc.?

I’m not hating, I’m just honestly curious. It just fascinates me when people spend $35-60k on any model JL and then spend an additional chunk for that kind of upgrade.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Everyone on this forum has a unique financial situation. Some people can’t afford a Jeep but have one anyway. Some people could buy a fleet of them and not notice the cost. Some people have generational wealth (money and property left to them by family). Some people finance parts and mods. Some incur credit card debt. Some have cash reserves set aside for toys. Some earn substantial salaries and don’t have excessive financial responsibilities and can afford to blow their disposable income on Jeep parts.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
With the pre-built axles on the market (Fusion, Currie, Dynatrac, etc...), what are you guys doing to pay for $14-20k in axles? Not including the inevitable costs of tire/wheel upgrades, options, installs, etc.,

Are most financing these upgrades, purchasing outright, etc.?

I’m not hating, I’m just honestly curious. It just fascinates me when people spend $35-60k on any model JL and then spend an additional chunk for that kind of upgrade.

It seems to me like all of your problems could be solved if you just make more money.

OP
OP
Surfwagon

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Everyone on this forum has a unique financial situation. Some people can’t afford a Jeep but have one anyway. Some people could buy a fleet of them and not notice the cost. Some people have generational wealth (money and property left to them by family). Some people finance parts and mods. Some incur credit card debt. Some have cash reserves set aside for toys. Some earn substantial salaries and don’t have excessive financial responsibilities and can afford to blow their disposable income on Jeep parts.
I completely understand that many have different financial backgrounds. I guess I’m more interested in it in simple terms.
To the guys going “all out,” are you all financing or paying cash?

Like a said before, just curious.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I completely understand that many have different financial backgrounds. I guess I’m more interested in it in simple terms.

If you want it in simple terms... quit worrying about what others do. Focus on your own shit. If you aren't happy with what you're doing change it. You can start by getting out of Commiefornia.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Surfwagon

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
If you want it in simple terms... quit worrying about what others do. Focus on your own shit. If you aren't happy with what you're doing change it. You can start by getting out of Commiefornia.
Thanks for your contribution. I’m fine with what I’m doing....I have different financial obligations, and I don’t live outside my means. I own a house here, in a good area so I’m not complaining. I’m not being a dick in asking a simple question.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I personally don’t have D60s... yet. But I know that I’ll end up there. I’m in the middle of a major home improvement project at the moment. Once that’s completed I’ll have the chance to build up my disposable income “slush fund” to take on the upgrade on my Jeep. Maybe it’ll be next year’s money pit.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Surfwagon

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I personally don’t have D60s... yet. But I know that I’ll end up there. I’m in the middle of a major home improvement project at the moment. Once that’s completed I’ll have the chance to build up my disposable income “slush fund” to take on the upgrade on my Jeep. Maybe it’ll be next year’s money pit.

Hope this helps.
Not looking for “help” per se....just curious. Your response is what I was looking for...an honest layout of how you did/or plan on doing it. Thanks for contributing positively.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Thanks for your contribution. I’m fine with what I’m doing....I have different financial obligations, and I don’t live outside my means. I own a house here, in a good area so I’m not complaining. I’m not being a dick in asking a simple question.

I'm not trying to be a dick either. Usually people live in some fairly land and bitch about what they don't have because they see other people on the internets that do have. So here comes the big bad Dookey to slap some reality into your life with just a taste of hope that you go out and get what makes you happy. I can't count how many times I've been asked what I do for a living when I drive a Jeep through a drive thru.

Perhaps you answered your own question. You have different priorities.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Dooley,

I'm not trying to be a dick either. Usually people live in some fairly land and bitch about what they don't have because they see other people on the internets that do have. So here comes the big bad Dookey to slap some reality into your life with just a taste of hope that you go out and get what makes you happy. I can't count how many times I've been asked what I do for a living when I drive a Jeep through a drive thru.

You say “I’m not trying to be a dick”, but as an objective third party reading your response it certainly reads that way. Read it. Seriously. You make disparaging political comments that make assumptions about the OP because of where he lives. Dick move. You are sarcastic and dismissive about what he asked and felt compelled to post and say so rather than ignoring the thread and moving on. Dick move. Snark and negative assumptions about OP and his modding aspirations. Dick move. See the pattern? You may not be a dick. I’ve read some of your posts and found them useful and helpful. But if you’re not a dick, you’re certainly wearing the uniform so it’s reasonable for observers to presume you play for that team. Just slapping some reality into your life about why you don’t think you’re a dick but others might view you as such.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Surfwagon

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S

I suppose if I said, “hey what does everyone do for a living?” That would be one thing. I don’t necessarily care about that. I’m not looking for anyone to humble-brag about how much they make....could give a shit less.

Some people might be sponsored so they get a great deal, if so, I’m curious about it, etc. Some people build from junkyard finds, if so, I’m curious. You get what I’m saying?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Surfwagon,

Add “Save up until I can afford the expensive mods I want” as an option. I think a lot of us do that.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You say “I’m not trying to be a dick”, but as an objective third party reading your response it certainly reads that way. Read it. Seriously. You make disparaging political comments that make assumptions about the OP because of where he lives. Dick move. You are sarcastic and dismissive about what he asked and felt compelled to post and say so rather than ignoring the thread and moving on. Dick move. Snark and negative assumptions about OP and his modding aspirations. Dick move. See the pattern? You may not be a dick. I’ve read some of your posts and found them useful and helpful. But if you’re not a dick, you’re certainly wearing the uniform so it’s reasonable for observers to presume you play for that team. Just slapping some reality into your life about why you don’t think you’re a dick but others might view you as such.

I've been around the internet long enough to have heard this conversation before. In reality... I'd love to help anyone I can and I've proven that. The OP has stated that he is of well intention and not some POS internet cry baby that I give zero slack to. I'm black and white in my personality and that is tough for some to handle. I don't have much intention on changing.

I'm comfortable being the voice of reason.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I suppose if I said, “hey what does everyone do for a living?” That would be one thing. I don’t necessarily care about that. I’m not looking for anyone to humble-brag about how much they make....could give a shit less.

Some people might be sponsored so they get a great deal, if so, I’m curious about it, etc. Some people build from junkyard finds, if so, I’m curious. You get what I’m saying?

I apologize for misunderstanding your intentions. It certainly read like you're a whiny bitch. I'm probably conditioned to it since the internet is full of it. Being a home owner and having your financial priorities in tact, AKA... not Jeeps, seems like you're a good dude.

I appreciate the fact you can step up for yourself.

How many kids do you have? Serious question.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.