Sponsored

Customer Service @ Z auto

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So like many others I have had some issues with my rear locker sensor. I had people recommend the Z auto locker harness so I went ahead and spent the $179.00 to get the fix. The part arrives and it doesn’t fit. I thought no problem I’ll contact z auto and get a new one. I was wrong. This was the reply (See Photos) Now I understand what they are saying and yes it’s an easy fix, but to pay what really is a premium for a product like this, I find this a particularly unacceptable response. They did not even offer to send a new harness. I think a failure on there part is that they are making an assumption that the end user is both capable and comfortable with making this modification to their product.

I know that this isn’t an isolated incident as other individuals in our group received the same response.

This is poor customer service. If you are unwilling to make this right, I surely will not be purchasing anything else from z auto, or recommend your products to anyone else.

FB6C2420-812F-4F68-A508-A5ADA34A3961.png

1044B90C-4043-4754-BD8D-EAAB7EAD48BD.png
Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
So like many others I have had some issues with my rear locker sensor. I had people recommend the Z auto locker harness so I went ahead and spent the $179.00 to get the fix. The part arrives and it doesn’t fit. I thought no problem I’ll contact z auto and get a new one. I was wrong. This was the reply (See Photos) Now I understand what they are saying and yes it’s an easy fix, but to pay what really is a premium for a product like this, I find this a particularly unacceptable response. They did not even offer to send a new harness. I think a failure on there part is that they are making an assumption that the end user is both capable and comfortable with making this modification to their product.

I know that this isn’t an isolated incident as other individuals in our group received the same response.

This is poor customer service. If you are unwilling to make this right, I surely will not be purchasing anything else from z auto, or recommend your products to anyone else.

Jeep Wrangler JL Customer Service @ Z auto 1044B90C-4043-4754-BD8D-EAAB7EAD48BD

Jeep Wrangler JL Customer Service @ Z auto 1044B90C-4043-4754-BD8D-EAAB7EAD48BD
This was me. I apologize as one of our techs neglected to do the necessary modifications to the connector for one batch. That’s my chicken scratch on the screenshot as I tried to make it quick as a simple fix rather than to send it back and wait for a replacement. To make matters worse, FedEx has been running 1-2 weeks behind in shipping from NY due to the storms and their TN facility problems.
So I figure that the quick “just snip here” was a good solution. If you want to send it back for a replacement, sure. If you want to send it back for a refund so you can purchase a competititor’s product, no problem to that either. I’m never out to just get your money. That’s not who I or my company is about.
-Joe

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
This was me. I apologize as one of our techs neglected to do the necessary modifications to the connector for one batch. That’s my chicken scratch on the screenshot as I tried to make it quick as a simple fix rather than to send it back and wait for a replacement. To make matters worse, FedEx has been running 1-2 weeks behind in shipping from NY due to the storms and their TN facility problems.
So I figure that the quick “just snip here” was a good solution. If you want to send it back for a replacement, sure. If you want to send it back for a refund so you can purchase a competititor’s product, no problem to that either. I’m never out to just get your money. That’s not who I or my company is about.
-Joe
Joe, how does that thing work? Is it complicated to install it?

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Joe, how does that thing work? Is it complicated to install it?
super simple. Unplug your locker, plug this device into your locker and your locker cable from the Jeep into the he device. Except when the tech overlooks cutting that tab, then there’s the extra step to cut the tab... that’s happened for about 25 out of the thousands we’ve sold.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@joe@zauto

Well were it me, I would have been grateful for the texted pictures and had made the simple required snips... I would have texted you back a Thank you....

No way, would I want to wait a week or 2+-, for a replacement...

Sure, I can see where a guy would be upset if he had to do a snip or two but in the time it takes to bitch and moan about it, the snips can be made...

As usual Joe, you were right here letting us know what happened.. As always, you are watching the forum looking out for, and helping Tazer JL, owners.. I believe the majority here know you have our backs so to speak and to boot, a forum sponsor...

First to market ... Tazer JL

Oh before I forget..... for those that might be interested in a nifty holder for the Tazer JL Mini.... do check this out... I came across it today......I don't know the guy, or tested driven the offering.. but his little $9.99 offering is kinda slick..
https://narddesign.com/collections/parts/products/tazer-mini-mount
Jeep Wrangler JL Customer Service @ Z auto Capture.JPG

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
super simple. Unplug your locker, plug this device into your locker and your locker cable from the Jeep into the he device. Except when the tech overlooks cutting that tab, then there’s the extra step to cut the tab... that’s happened for about 25 out of the thousands we’ve sold.
And so it allows use of the locker if the sensor is filled with oil and becomes disabled? Sorry, I don't even know the basics of this, so just trying to see how it works. Thanks!

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And so it allows use of the locker if the sensor is filled with oil and becomes disabled? Sorry, I don't even know the basics of this, so just trying to see how it works. Thanks!
yes this takes the faulty sensor out of the equation

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yes this takes the faulty sensor out of the equation
Easy install I take it?.....Edit....I guess you already answered that. I'm going to check this out! My sensors are still operational. I've got a lifetime warranty, but I don't like the idea of all new axles if my sensor(s) crap out. I like this idea better. Plus the warranty deductible is $200 anyway, so that'd cover the cost of this and save me probably months of waiting for axles and not being able to use the locker.

Ok, so last question, I promise. From reading the description on the Zauto site, the locker engaged/disengaged indicators would still work. It sounds like everything functions just like normal before the sensor failure with this connected, correct?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Easy install I take it?
@DanW

IF, Joe Z, can do it anybody can do it.... :like:

Now leave Joe alone, he has 22 , Zautomotive auto locker harnesses he has to snip.... oh my...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

IF, Joe Z, can do it anybody can do it.... :like:

Now leave Joe alone, he has 22 harnesses he has to snip.... oh my...
Lol, hey, he's about to have 23, in return for answering my pesky questions! LOL!

Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easy install I take it?.....Edit....I guess you already answered that. I'm going to check this out! My sensors are still operational. I've got a lifetime warranty, but I don't like the idea of all new axles if my sensor(s) crap out. I like this idea better. Plus the warranty deductible is $200 anyway, so that'd cover the cost of this and save me probably months of waiting for axles and not being able to use the locker.

Ok, so last question, I promise. From reading the description on the Zauto site, the locker engaged/disengaged indicators would still work. It sounds like everything functions just like normal before the sensor failure with this connected, correct?
you’d never know it was there. Everything works as stock

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@joe@zauto

Well were it me, I would have been grateful for the texted pictures and had made the simple required snips... I would have texted you back a Thank you....

Sure, I can see where a guy would be upset if he had to do a snip or two but in the time it takes to bitch and moan about it, the snips can be made...

As usual Joe, you were right here letting us know what happened.. As always, you are watching the forum looking out for, and helping Tazer JL, owners.. I believe the majority here know you have our backs so to speak and to boot, a forum sponsor...

Oh before I forget..... for those that might be interested in a nifty holder for the Tazer JL Mini.... do check this out... I came across it today......I don't know the guy, or tested driven the offering.. but his little $9.99 offering is kinda slick..

So cool!!

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
@joe@zauto

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG
I will say this, as someone that has owned and ran a 3D printing Cos Play business for a couple of years. The material he is using is PLA which starts deforms at 60c (140F) which is not hard to reach inside of a vehicle in the summer. It really should be made from ABS. Just a warning as this has the potential to fail in the summer. Just my .02 take it as you will.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Cancel culture is full swing in this thread. My tazer has been in my jeep for 2 summers, and it gets well over 110 by my house. My tazer has not missed a beat or melted. As for the other. Just snip the fucker simple task
Sponsored