Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just a couple small things today….

Lowered my spare tire….. my EVO tire carrier is adjustable up and down, and front to back…it was only 1.5” but it really opened up the rear view ………

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… DC6F3808-3A33-4754-99BB-6403DD461D80

Also took my ss bracket off and painted it, and added a second bolt to help secure it….I think it looks hella better……

before
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… B80162E4-2C32-45C4-A4CC-FF4F29075EEE

after
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 505E3E80-1C91-4351-BBE3-FFB5EE4BB051
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Lowered my spare tire….. my EVO tire carrier is adjustable up and down, and front to back…it was only 1.5” but it really opened up the rear view ………

Also took my ss bracket off and painted it, and added a second bolt to help secure it….I think it looks hella better……

before

after
Is that lowest setting on spare? Looks like still a little room left before contact with bumper. Going to ATS for a little while?

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is that lowest setting on spare? Looks like still a little room left before contact with bumper. Going to ATS for a little while?
There’s 2 more holes down, but I want to keep it high as I can for departure angle……

Yeah, they sent me a new EC, but I’m still looking things over with the Fox. Moving the resi around etc… just making sure everything plays nice before I design a bracket….

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
There’s 2 more holes down, but I want to keep it high as I can for departure angle……

Yeah, they sent me a new EC, but I’m still looking things over with the Fox. Moving the resi around etc… just making sure everything plays nice before I design a bracket….
Gotcha on departure angle 👍🏻. Good part with ATS you can swivel TR bracket and rotate the resi separately. Should give you some room for fine tuning

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

before

after
Man, that looks sharp. A clean spot under Jeep!! :rock: :LOL:😎

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I emailed some pictures to Jeremy at Rock Krawler, we’ll see if he’s interested in fabricating a bracket …….. If not, and it’s gonna be awhile for them to get something out, I’m gonna have my buddy burn something together……

In the meantime if anyone has the Pro X aluminum linkages and want to relocate the steering stabilizer, reach out, I can walk you through making a MC bracket work, I don’t mind at all……✌
Do you think the Clayton bracket would play nice with that RK setup like your modded MC is? It looks like it only moves things up and over by a little more than half an inch. Also, how are you liking the EC vs Fox stabilizer? Your setup has me second guessing my choices. I ordered 37s, should be here in a week or two and I know I need to get the front end tightened up.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the Clayton bracket would play nice with that RK setup like your modded MC is? It looks like it only moves things up and over by a little more than half an inch. Also, how are you liking the EC vs Fox stabilizer? Your setup has me second guessing my choices. I ordered 37s, should be here in a week or two and I know I need to get the front end tightened up.
Hey brother,
I tried the Clayton, steersmarts, synergy, and MC brackets, none of them cleared. That’s when I started thinking outside the box and turned the MC bracket upside down, that worked…..but I had to modify it……

I like the EC and the Fox. They’re two different feels to the steering…… The Fox is more of a dampener and there’s very little return to center when using it on the firmer settings which I like…. The EC is more like IFS steering, very strong return to center, and holds the center better, so there’s less correcting or over correcting. I like the EC feel to the steering a little better for these reasons…..
But I would recommend either one, both great products….. just depends on how you like your steering to feel…….

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Hey brother,
I tried the Clayton, steersmarts, synergy, and MC brackets, none of them cleared. That’s when I started thinking outside the box and turned the MC bracket upside down, that worked…..but I had to modify it……

I like the EC and the Fox. They’re two different feels to the steering…… The Fox is more of a dampener and there’s very little return to center when using it on the firmer settings which I like…. The EC is more like IFS steering, very strong return to center, and holds the center better, so there’s less correcting or over correcting. I like the EC feel to the steering a little better for these reasons…..
But I would recommend either one, both great products….. just depends on how you like your steering to feel…….
I appreciate your feedback bro, here's hoping RK listens to you and makes the bracket sooner! Last question (for now) does your ATS bolt on the clamp work for the EC? Never mind, I finally found your post about it! Fox bolt with washers.:rock:

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate your feedback bro, here's hoping RK listens to you and makes the bracket sooner! Last question (for now) does your ATS bolt on the clamp work for the EC?
Sure, no worries, anytime…….I had to get a synergy tie rod clamp because the bars are 1.75” and the Fox clamp doesn’t fit…. So I had to get a flat head bolt with the same threads as the synergy bolt, and the same length as the Fox bolt to use the Fox ATS on the synergy clamp….No biggie……

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… AF69212F-AF31-439F-B711-791850A9E320

The EC just uses the bolt that comes with the synergy clamp……

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… A9A5D0CC-B598-41AE-B9D6-A3978D5ED8D7

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 52204E77-2353-42BA-B236-80D0FA9AD214

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The wife and I took it out and played with it….:giggle: …….got RK Pro X aluminum tie rod/drag link to play nicely with relocated steering stabilizer, both Fox ATS and EC ……no contact at full turn lock to lock….. got the MC bracket painted and secured and got an updated RK track bar….This is a solid steering setup, but not exactly plug and play if you’re running a relocated steering stabilizer…….hopefully RK comes out with a bracket soon……

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 63333378-222D-4F1B-8D72-CDE2EF89E38F

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
As big into off-road rigs as they say they are, it’s weird they didn’t have the foresight to have one made.

Your rig is looking great!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The wife and I took it out and played with it….:giggle: …….got RK Pro X aluminum tie rod/drag link to play nicely with relocated steering stabilizer, both Fox ATS and EC ……no contact at full turn lock to lock….. got the MC bracket painted and secured and got an updated RK track bar….This is a solid steering setup, but not exactly plug and play if you’re running a relocated steering stabilizer…….hopefully RK comes out with a bracket soon……

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 63333378-222D-4F1B-8D72-CDE2EF89E38F
Excuse me. You call that flexing. :facepalm:🤪

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase