Cracked Windshield Club

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
your windshield has a 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty on it. If you have under 12,000 miles your dealership should replace it at no charge.
This is good to know... About due for first oil change and rotation... May as well add warranty windshield replacement too.
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in!! It wasn't a matter of IF, but WHEN.....

Been driving 15 years now, and my first ever cracked windshield came on the JL at only 4363 miles, which I realize is much more than most. Started as a chip, within 3 more miles it became a 10" crack. 40 miles later and it had walked across the whole windshield. So happy I opted for full windshield coverage...

A side note, performed flawlessly in the first snowfall...

33AC0F87-B831-4F65-9805-62174D506065.jpeg

37354C6B-960E-4A9F-AF3F-0239328701C9.jpeg

It's covered under the 12/12 warranty... Check with your dealer...

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Almost made it a full year. This one stretches across the entire windshield.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 20201228_132041

Last edited:

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
It's covered under the 12/12 warranty... Check with your dealer...
Checked with dealer (Chicago area) and they say it is not covered (unless part of an extended warranty package you purchased). Also reached out to a 10+ year CDJR service tech I know at a different dealer and he says he has never known FCA to provide that kind of warranty on windshields.

Maybe your dealers are somehow chalking it up as a manufacturing defect in the glass?

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Windshield isn't going to be covered unless it was a material or install defect. Being struck by a flying stone is an accident and is why we have insurance

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Checked with dealer (Chicago area) and they say it is not covered (unless part of an extended warranty package you purchased). Also reached out to a 10+ year CDJR service tech I know at a different dealer and he says he has never known FCA to provide that kind of warranty on windshields.

Maybe your dealers are somehow chalking it up as a manufacturing defect in the glass?
I'm not sure, but when I described the issue to my Service Tech, she said that Glass is covered under the 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty. I imagine a rock hitting it would not be covered, but in my case it cracked when I turned on the defroster.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure, but when I described the issue to my Service Tech, she said that Glass is covered under the 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty. I imagine a rock hitting it would not be covered, but in my case it cracked when I turned on the defroster.
That would be a material or installation induced defect.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
New member of the club. No crack last night. Went out today to run to the license branch for plates and there it was, driver's side top corner.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 1611259635129

I drive past the dealer on the way home so I just stopped in and they did a ticket. I do have to wait a few days (or around end of next week) to get it fixed but it looks like they're planning to do it under warranty. No impact marks visible (and hard to get an impact crack when it's parked).

I've had it a little over two weeks, only 900 miles, and haven't even left pavement yet.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does this qualify me?
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 20210128_084707
Ouch. Yes. Unfortunately, that bad boy will spread into a crack across your windshield. At the moment it's deciding the most annoying route to follow.

Sponsored

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Ouch. Yes. Unfortunately, that bad boy will spread into a crack across your windshield. At the moment it's deciding the most annoying route to follow.
I pay an extra $3-4 a month on my auto insurance for windshield replacement. After 10 years with a JKUR I learned pretty quickly that it pays for itself with one replacement.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I pay an extra $3-4 a month on my auto insurance for windshield replacement. After 10 years with a JKUR I learned pretty quickly that it pays for itself with one replacement.
No deductible glass replacement is required by law in Florida. I've already used it twice. Once for the Jeep, once to replace the $4,000 windshield on our motorhome.

Deleted member 59098

I’m in the club at 6,000 miles and 2 months of ownership. I had Safelite come out to fill in a star chip that would have been a free repair with USAA. The chip cracked while they were working on it. By the end of the week the crack is going 3 ways spreading half way across the windshield.

I had a $100 deductible, but now it’s $0. Expecting to go through a lot of windshields with this rig.

Driving my 24 year old ZJ today I was wondering why it doesn’t even have a chip on the windshield?

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I’m in the club at 6,000 miles and 2 months of ownership. I had Safelite come out to fill in a star chip that would have been a free repair with USAA. The chip cracked while they were working on it. By the end of the week the crack is going 3 ways spreading half way across the windshield.

I had a $100 deductible, but now it’s $0. Expecting to go through a lot of windshields with this rig.

Driving my 24 year old ZJ today I was wondering why it doesn’t even have a chip on the windshield?
Also in Redwood City. Got a stone chip heading to Tahoe with only 1000 miles on it which then in the morning split into 12" crack. Trying to get a new windshield is a pain as they are on backorder and Safelite has been a disaster
Sponsored