OP
JL Rubi Khan

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
I let the little cracks build up on my JK until it suddenly spread horizontally across my entire windshield. Getting it replaced wasn't cheap and I knew it was just going to happen again. Since then, I've been lucky. Hope the JL windshield lasts a few years at least, if it ever shows up.
What are you getting? And where in VA are you?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hampton. Ordered a blue rubicon on the 6th of march, with none of the options that seem to cause delays. Only regret is not getting LED headlights.

OP
OP
JL Rubi Khan

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Hampton. Ordered a blue rubicon on the 6th of march, with none of the options that seem to cause delays. Only regret is not getting LED headlights.
Oh man yeah you def should have gone with the LEDs! But it’s all good you can always upgrade them later fairly easily. I was gonna see if you were getting a Sport or Sahara and if you wanted my Rubi wheels and tires... I’m just down the road in RVA

JeepALS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Solidarity, brother! It’s all we’ve got...
Literally have had my Jeep for a week!! Driving and it started cracking while driving from the bottom of the window. I have a 2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited jl. Not happy! Nothing hit the window.

20180329_152709.jpg

Sponsored

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
had a rock chip in mine since day 3. fixed it today with one of the diy kits for $10 or so. worked well

OP
OP
JL Rubi Khan

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Literally have had my Jeep for a week!! Driving and it started cracking while driving from the bottom of the window. I have a 2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited jl. Not happy! Nothing hit the window.

20180329_152709.jpg
something hit the windshield, I’m sure... Jeeps are just so notorious for catching rocks. Yours must have chipped down at the bottom when it hit and it’s crawling upwards... sorry to hear it!

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
something hit the windshield, I’m sure... Jeeps are just so notorious for catching rocks. Yours must have chipped down at the bottom when it hit and it’s crawling upwards... sorry to hear it!
x2 sometimes you don't even hear it.

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Week 3....
20180301_151517.jpg

Sponsored

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did your dealer offer glass repair as an added warranty item? I think it was available with the tire and rim package.

ZukiSam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Anyone tried the clear film that can be applied over the windshield to help prevent damage?

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL

20180329_152709.jpg
From my understanding, you might be covered under the factory warranty, if it can be proven that nothing actually hit the windshield (for example, there is no evidence whatsoever that a rock hit the window). You'll need to look very, very closely at the area where the crack started. I tried to have my Nissan Armada windshield replacement covered under warranty, however, the dealership was able to show me where the rock actually hit. The area wasn't any bigger than the tip of a ballpoint pen. It was tiny! Sucks b/c the replacement window from the dealership is $1700, including labor. Yep, you read that right! $1700! The Auto Glass quote was $1200. Lesson learned for me - be sure to get class coverage with my auto insurance policy.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Day 2 I had a pine comb from outer space slam into my windshield and put a small chip. Then like day 6 I was driving down a construction road and an f150 flew by me and his monstrous MTs fired a boulder at my windshield and cracked it. It’s currently traveling from the top, down half way and now over to the passenger side.

I’m in VA Beach! Let me know if you ever wanna go do jeep stuff.