Sponsored

Correct OEM TPMS sensors?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Goin2drt
What is this telling me? The right front tire sensor has flat lined. I swapped out the spare tire and get the same flat line. I ran the air pressure up and drove it around, no change.

60AD4FDE-4B13-4293-B20A-72B5C41B1902.jpeg
TPMS is not working. Either it is a sleep (now sure if the Jeep was sitting for a while or not) or there is something else wrong.

Lower your psi by 10 PSI. Drive the Jeep a couple of blocks and then fill it back up exactly to the PSI on the door. This is the process to wake it up.

The tazer will not have anything to do with only one doing this.
Sponsored

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Thank you very much.
it’s a daily driver, it hasn’t sat.
I’ll do the air down and up. I have a question, when I air down do I drive it to get the system to see the change?
I had the Tazer in and the air down. After I took out the Tazer, I aired up all tires(past door jam guid lines) and the system recognized the air up. Except the flat lined one.
thanks again. It looks like I’m headed back to the dealer.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much.
it’s a daily driver, it hasn’t sat.
I’ll do the air down and up. I have a question, when I air down do I drive it to get the system to see the change?
I had the Tazer in and the air down. After I took out the Tazer, I aired up all tires(past door jam guid lines) and the system recognized the air up. Except the flat lined one.
thanks again. It looks like I’m headed back to the dealer.
yes air down and drive it for a block or two to see if the new lower reading comes on. Then air back up. If you are 100% stock then completely remove the Tazer and the dongle and take in to a dealer as that TPMS will be covered under warranty. Too new to go bad.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
It’s a 2018 JLUS. I have 315/70/17 KO2 on it, but pretty stock other than that.
I appreciate your comments

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
goin2drt
An update, I aired them down again, this time to 24 and drove around until it updated. Then I aired them up to 38 and drove it around till it updated. The right front was still flat lined. Then while driving to the dealer(7 miles away). At about the 6 mile point, the right front woke up!
Thanks again very much!!!
Now to put the Tazer back in.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad it worked if it keeps doing it then go get it replaced as the battery could be going or it could be an older sensor. They should not be close to dead yet. The reason for the flat line while the others are reading is that one is not getting picked up every rotation.
Sponsored