Buying correct TPMS

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
So my current 2018 JL doesn't have TPMS in the tires and someone local happens to be selling a set of 4. The number is 56053031AD. Are these the correct ones? I don't want to buy them and have them not be compatible. Thanks!
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Just FAGETTABOUTIT--

Drive over 20 mpg for at least 20 minutes and the jeeps computer will re-set for ops without the TPMS--no alarms and just the tire ICON in the dash--

Good luck

JIMBO

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
As far as I know all TPMS work but does your jeep have the ability to read them since it didn't come with it

OP
OP
mber24

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
As far as I know all TPMS work but does your jeep have the ability to read them since it didn't come with it
Yeah it has the ability. I bought it used and the previous owner swapped out the tires and must have sold them with the original tired because when I go through the options on the dash, they don't show up

Sponsored

OP
OP
mber24

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
OP
OP
mber24

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Whatever you pay for them--it'll still cost you over $100 bucks to install them and rebalance !

W.E.

JIMBO

OP
OP
mber24

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Just FAGETTABOUTIT--

Drive over 20 mpg for at least 20 minutes and the jeeps computer will re-set for ops without the TPMS--no alarms and just the tire ICON in the dash--

Good luck

JIMBO
Yeah but by doing that it wouldn't show the tire pressure in each tire or which one is the problem tire right? I've never actually driven my wranglers without the TPMS so I guess I feel lm missing something now that I don't have them lol

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I would just check them manually until your next set of tires, then have the shop install them with the new tires.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Be very leery of those super cheap eBay sensors listed. There are plenty of Chinese sensors coming over that arenā€™t tested, Are junk and quite frankly donā€™t work and donā€™t last. If you need a quick set to slap in to sell some wheels or trade the car in go for it.

Schader 20398 is the OE sensor that is aftermarket market meaning you can buy them not as a dealer part # and get ripped off. Same sensor that comes in them from factory. They will be about $30-$40 each. Those are the direct fit option.

You can also buy a few varieties of universal sensors either dual band or 433 that will work however the JL protocol is not very stable and the transmitter in the JL is weak hence all the problems getting TPMS to work when lifted, bigger tires etc.
Sponsored