Sponsored

TPMS sensors - which one is correct and what's the difference?

morleyz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I'm getting new tires installed on wheels that I previously bought with a wheel/tire package when my 2019 JLU Moab was new. They used some aftermarket TPMS sensors in the package and they've never been reliable. It seems based on forum searches, that the OEM sensors are pretty reliable, even in aftermarket tires/wheels.

So I'm trying to figure out what the correct OEM TPMS would be. I keep coming up with 2 part numbers: 68241067AB and 68406537AA

Anyone know which (if either) is right? What is the difference? They both cross reference to the same vehicles and applications.
Sponsored

Wendon65

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL
I hope this topic is still being monitored. I purchased an aftermarket wheel package 6 months ago. Not knowing Jeep all too well at the time. I assumed I would have the dealer re program the aftermarket TMPS sensors. The dealer had no idea what I was talking about.
BUT. after a bit of reading I have a question and will try it out this weekend. I purchased LTX tires rated for 80 PSI and run them at 50 PSI. They have not learned themselves to the Jeep. Just a - - near the tire display.
Chevrolet just needed the TMPS calibrated during a tire rotation.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I hope this topic is still being monitored. I purchased an aftermarket wheel package 6 months ago. Not knowing Jeep all too well at the time. I assumed I would have the dealer re program the aftermarket TMPS sensors. The dealer had no idea what I was talking about.
BUT. after a bit of reading I have a question and will try it out this weekend. I purchased LTX tires rated for 80 PSI and run them at 50 PSI. They have not learned themselves to the Jeep. Just a - - near the tire display.
Chevrolet just needed the TMPS calibrated during a tire rotation.
Not sure what you are asking or trying to do So I will try to answer.

IF YOU HAVE THE PROPER TPMS you can set the psi to 36. Drive the Jeep and do the relearn. . Once the display shows 36 then the relearn is done. You can at that time inflate up to 50 psi if you like.

Of you have the wrong TPMS then nothing is going to work.

Wendon65

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL
That’s the information I was looking for. I will give it a try and let you know how I make out. Thank you.
Sponsored