Sponsored

Cooler for JLURD

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have a yeti 105 cooler that takes up 70% of the back of the Jeep. What do you suggest for 2 or 3 days of camping for 2 people? I was thinking a Yeti 45 might be good, but the space in them compared to their overall size isn't too efficient. Might be a better route to go.

What works well for you when you're not planning on bringing the entire fridge with?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
When I saw the title I got excited someone was making some different coolers to help with the heating issues some diesels have been having. What a let down that this really has nothing to do with a diesel :(

Sponsored

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I want to be able to add a bunch of camping gear too.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I have a yeti 105 cooler that takes up 70% of the back of the Jeep. What do you suggest for 2 or 3 days of camping for 2 people? I was thinking a Yeti 45 might be good, but the space in them compared to their overall size isn't too efficient. Might be a better route to go.

What works well for you when you're not planning on bringing the entire fridge with?

Thanks!
I’m in the Jeep fridge camp.

We bought the Dometic 45. By all accounts their products are great, even if their customer service is among the very worst. The beauty of the fridge is you get to pick the temp, fridge or freeze, and you don’t need as big a box, as no space is lost to ice.

I have a bunch of coolers, including a Yeti 110, some cheap Igloos up to 120, and four of the fake Yetis sole by Walmart and Cabela’s. The Yeti is the best, hands down, but I’d never buy another one because 1) for my activities the difference between holding ice for three days and holding it for four days is insignificant. The well made cheap coolers are lighter, easier to load, MUCH less expensive, and more than good enough for our uses.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cooler for JLURD 4C6FA982-7F8E-46BB-A0AC-D96E002FAC80

Jeep Wrangler JL Cooler for JLURD C182CA26-67AA-40DF-B47B-754E6DAB7099

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I bought a Setpower fridge back in July. Spent the summer getting bounced around in the boat in triple digit weather. Everything stays ice cold. Ice chests aren’t even a consideration anymore.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
When I saw the title I got excited someone was making some different coolers to help with the heating issues some diesels have been having. What a let down that this really has nothing to do with a diesel :(
Daaaaamn you clickbait… Daaaaamn you.
Sponsored