Sponsored

Yeti coolers at Sport Check or Atmosphere.

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
For those living in Canada, Sport Check and Atmosphere have a 25% discount on lots of items, including Yeti coolers. The Yeti Coolers seldom go on sale.
I got a Yeti 45, which is 450$ with taxes on regular price for 335$.
If you have the Canadian Tire credit card, you can ask for financing without interests for 24 months, which ended up being less than 14$ a mouth.
Sweet deal I think.
Sponsored

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I sincerely miss Canadian Tire! :D

OP
OP
Boutch76

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sincerely miss Canadian Tire! :D
Canadian Tire sells a lot of terrible products. The price almost double in the last 10 years and it's a lot more difficult to return items now days. However, you still can find some pretty good deals.

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Canadian Tire sells a lot of terrible products. The price almost double in the last 10 years and it's a lot more difficult to return items now days. However, you still can find some pretty good deals.
Perhaps I need to amend my statement to be "I miss the Canadian Tire of my youth..." ;) Still, the US has nothing like it...sigh.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I own a Yeti cooler. After buying a fridge for the back of the Jeep, I will never use the Yeti again. At $450 dollars, You could buy a fridge. Not an ARB, but something like this:

12 volt fridge

Two of my friends run these in their Jeep with zero problems. We have done approximately 18 long weekends this year, and a 16 day trip and just got back from a 5 day trip.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boutch76

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I own a Yeti cooler. After buying a fridge for the back of the Jeep, I will never use the Yeti again. At $450 dollars, You could buy a fridge. Not an ARB, but something like this:

12 volt fridge

Two of my friends run these in their Jeep with zero problems. We have done approximately 18 long weekends this year, and a 16 day trip and just got back from a 5 day trip.
I have looked at those electrical fridges. Just the set up to have them, generator, fridge, converter, solar panel and such, cost at least 3 times the price of what I paid for my Yeti.
I am just slowly starting to purchase items to go overlanding next year, still don't have the right suspension, still don't have a roof rack and a RTT.
I couldn't pass the Yeti at that price and if Overlanding isn't for me, I can resale the Yeti and make money out of it.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I have looked at those electrical fridges. Just the set up to have them, generator, fridge, converter, solar panel and such, cost at least 3 times the price of what I paid for my Yeti.
I am just slowly starting to purchase items to go overlanding next year, still don't have the right suspension, still don't have a roof rack and a RTT.
I couldn't pass the Yeti at that price and if Overlanding isn't for me, I can resale the Yeti and make money out of it.
You don't need a generator. You don't need an inverter either unless you have something you need 120V for. You literally just need a 12V battery, female 12V socket, some wires, and something to charge the battery with. Plus you can use all this stuff to charge phones and run 12V lights.

You can run the fridge off the 12V plug in the back if you want, but some risk of not being able to start it if you drain the battery too much.

If you just have to have rotomold, this guy just came out:

https://icecofreezer.com/collections/main/products/iceco-jp42-3-in-1-icooler

Fridges are fantastic, screw having to go off buying ice all the time.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
You don't need any of that stuff. Put it in the back of the Jeep and plug it into the 12v socket that is by the rear roll bar. The fridge in that link will turn off before it discharges the battery to low for the Jeep to start. I can leave my ARB plugged in for 3 days to 5 days and my Jeep still starts.

OP
OP
Boutch76

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't need any of that stuff. Put it in the back of the Jeep and plug it into the 12v socket that is by the rear roll bar. The fridge in that link will turn off before it discharges the battery to low for the Jeep to start. I can leave my ARB plugged in for 3 days to 5 days and my Jeep still starts.
I guess I will be using the Yeti for next summer and see how it goes. I don't I will be going out for more than 5 days at a time first.

I will be looking at a electric fridge eventually, but I couldn't pass on a 125$ discount for the Yeti.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I decided to try this in my driveway with my 40 quart Alpicool at 37F in eco mode, it did a smidge over 24 hours and shut off on the high battery protection setting. Not bad, but probably not good to deep cycle your starting battery like that very often. I have the 65ah (non-towing package) battery and it is pretty hot outside still.

I didn't fully load it, just a six pack. Numbers would be better if you fully loaded it down or the weather was less Texas. On the other hand, if you are opening it to get stuff, numbers will be worse.

Figured if I'm going to have to jump the Jeep to start it again, may as well be in the driveway.

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I have that Costway. It’s been great so far. Recently used it on a trip to Ouray and Moab. So nice to not deal with ice and have plenty of cold food and drink to eat while on the trails. Even the boss is onboard with it now.

I use a Jackery 240 to power it. I have two of them so switch when needed. In my case, one 240 will run the fridge for 8-9 hours with the fridge set at 34 degrees. If I’m on the trail I plug in the battery and let it charge while powering the fridge. That works well.

The 240 isn’t ideal at all so at some point I’ll get a Jackery 1000 equivalent or higher. I’d rather have something like that than getting a dual battery setup on the JL. Eventually, these portable battery “generators” will start to drop in price.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
We have been on 16 day trips with zero problems running a fridge in the back of three of the Jeeps. This was in hot weather. The Jeep has no problem powering the fridge while running and the Jeep gets used every day when we are out traveling. So we never have had a dead battery. I have had the Jeep parked in the garage for 3 to 5 days and the Jeep still started. The temp was set at 27 degrees and when I started the Jeep, the fridge was at 55 degrees, so I am not sure when it turned its self off.

HHiiud

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Occupation
Travel, Camping, Hiking
For reviews, look it up on American or Canadian Amazon, the Canadian Amazon gives them a good rating (1300 + reviews), for example https://wildproofgear.com/best-yeti-cooler/ https://reviews.chicagotribune.com/reviews/best-yeti-coolers or somewhere else.

I have two I actually bought for storage on my boat in the cockpit. My older boat came with zero storage in the cockpit. I like them as you can sit on them, stand on them, drink holders and sufficient insulation for stuff to last. I use one of them for actual food storage when I'm on longer trips.
Sponsored