Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited and a 1958 VW Bug
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Laboratory Manager/Naturalist/Jerk of All Trades
Hey all, I’m looking for water storage ideas for my camping trip that won’t break the bank. I normally camp in my Jeep on an air mattress with my girlfriend and a dog so space is a premium. I’m looking to store about 4-5 gallons.
Dometic. Added bonus: has a USB rechargeable Faucet. American Adventure Labs sells a magnetic base for the faucet to stick it on the swing hate cup holder.

If you have a roof rack, DIY your own with 4" PVC, end caps, a Fill/Breather valve, and a faucet.

Even Cheaper, 5gallon water cooler jug and a 20$ usb rechargeable faucet from Amazon that replaces the cap.

If you want to go super cheap and recyclable, Grab a pair of the 2.5 gallon spring water dispensers from the grocery store.

I have used all of these and sometimes a combination depending on the length of the trip.
Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Going against the grain a bit, since this is definitely not something a typical overlander would choose, I use a couple of these 2ga Stanley Adventure Jugs.

The reason I like them, versus some of the more traditional water jug options, is they are well insulated, the top locks down really nice and doesn't leak, and it keeps ice inside for days on end. And the faucet on it is pretty neat. I love having ice cold water on tap the whole trip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PL7P75S/

k6GikuX.png

shad0w77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
My route was taking a 6gal walmart blue jerry can and adding a submersible 12v water pump. Hose comes through the cap w/ a watertight cable gland. 12v comes out the top w/ another watertight cable gland to a 10-ish foot cable. Added a cheap lawn hose nozzle. I have pressured water in the back of the jeep and if I need it near the jeep, or need room in the jeep while still needing water, I just move it out... up to 10 feet away.
Sponsored