Sponsored

Considering switch to JT

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Ive seen gladiators on "difficult" trails, which most people with new built jeeps would consider on the moderate/slightly difficult side. Theyre built though, not stock. But they get through. Definitely an very capable truck, as much as a Jeep. But they are still not exactly like a "Jeep". So the wheeling isnt gonna be the same experience, if that matters. Also I've seen them do tight trails, and looks like a pita. But they get through.

The Gladiator is a great truck imo, and could be a replacement for a Jeep + pickup for many people. You definitely need a lift and big tires to do Jeep trails.
Yeah, for sure. Mopar lift and some 37's have shown to me they are quite capable.
Of course, my CanAm X3 walks on everything including my built "Jeep"
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A Ram 1500 crew cab 5.5' bed has a 145" wheelbase. A JT has 130", so it would feel very maneuverable in comparison.

Last edited:

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
I would like to see another stock base model full / mid size truck that is better offroad than a Gladiator. Which is what it made for. You can always mod any truck to be "better". You can always get a better offroad trim. But as far as a factory built truck. It's probably one of the most capable. It's not a "Work" truck.

Get a full size truck if you need to haul heavy loads / space.

If you want to have a hybrid of a Jeep / truck. Then buy a Gladiator.

My truck is my toy.
Not a necessity for work.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Currently considering trading my Ram 1500 and 2020 JLUR in. Would consolidate down to a JT Mojave. I LOVE my JLUR, sky one touch top is one of my all time favorite features. I need a truck for work and have the ability to trade in the jeep for essentially what I bought it for. Thoughts? Anyone here made this move? If so how is it working for you?
Look up the exterior dimensions of a JT and measure how it will look in your garage. My wife was initially wanting to get a JT and after I did the above and showed her that there would be about 1 ft clearance from the front bumper to our storage cabinets she decided on her current JLU. Those JTs are about as long as a school bus.

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
A few months ago I traded my JLUR for a JT Mojave. My wife also has a JLU sahara, so I still get to drive a wrangler sometimes.
Overall, I am very happy with the Mojave. I think it works well as a Jeep and a Truck. My JLUR was more maneuverable but it‘s not a drastic change and having a bed more than makes up for it. if I did more offroading like rock crawling, etc… it might be an issue. Regarding how fun it is to drive, I rarely find myself wanting to drive my wife’s wrangler. Some of this may have to do with the Mojave too. When the JT came out, I test drove a few of them and did not like the handling. The Mojave felt different, much more fun to drive.

I did get the manual trans and I really like it. Only complaint I have with it is the double overdrives. I would prefer the gearing be shorter. I basically drive it as a 5 speed and ignore 6th gear.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Currently considering trading my Ram 1500 and 2020 JLUR in. Would consolidate down to a JT Mojave. I LOVE my JLUR, sky one touch top is one of my all time favorite features. I need a truck for work and have the ability to trade in the jeep for essentially what I bought it for. Thoughts? Anyone here made this move? If so how is it working for you?
The two vehicles on the planet that I could give my JLUR up for would be ether another JLUR or a JTR. My brother has a 2020 JTR and it is great. He has a decked out Chevy Trail Boss, as well, mainly for work, but said he loves driving that Gladiator more than anything he's ever owned. He traded a Camaro ZL1-1LE for it. Lol, so yeah, it's still a Jeep, through and through.
Sponsored