Sponsored

Considering a Dometic Portable Refrigerator -- second battery / charging setup?

tomd

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JL
OP, not sure if this would work in your situation, but Anker is coming out soon with Everfrost. A new powered fridge to the market.
Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I haven't purchased it yet myself, but I will be buying the 40L Joytutus fridge.

It's a fraction of the price of the rest of them. If you use code "JESS20" at checkout you can get 20% off and already inexpensive item.

My big thing is sure I could buy a Dometic fridge for like $1,300 and it'll make me some ice. Cool. Or I can buy a Joytutus fridge for under $325 with free shipping. And oh wait I never use ice in my drinks anyways. The Joytutus fridge will get down to 32°f from 77°f in about 40 minutes. And then it can go from 32°f to 0°f in another 50 minutes. According to their website it takes about 4 hours with the power off to rise from 0°f to 32°f. It has an LCD display, comes with a free power inverter I believe. You really get your bang for your buck with that one. And for someone like me who will probably use it a couple times a month max, it just makes sense.

DID I MENTION IT'S UNDER $400?????

There's lots of options out there. You should shop around, there's a bunch of different brands that all sell the same damn thing for different prices. Figure out what you need and what you will actually use, and don't buy something that has all those bells and whistles that you'll never use. Definitely shop around.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
I have the Iceco 45. When I’m not using it in my Jeep I have it running in my closet for my stash of beer. Yes, I ran electrical to my closet for beer. ;)

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I haven't purchased it yet myself, but I will be buying the 40L Joytutus fridge.

It's a fraction of the price of the rest of them. If you use code "JESS20" at checkout you can get 20% off and already inexpensive item.

My big thing is sure I could buy a Dometic fridge for like $1,300 and it'll make me some ice. Cool. Or I can buy a Joytutus fridge for under $325 with free shipping. And oh wait I never use ice in my drinks anyways. The Joytutus fridge will get down to 32°f from 77°f in about 40 minutes. And then it can go from 32°f to 0°f in another 50 minutes. According to their website it takes about 4 hours with the power off to rise from 0°f to 32°f. It has an LCD display, comes with a free power inverter I believe. You really get your bang for your buck with that one. And for someone like me who will probably use it a couple times a month max, it just makes sense.

DID I MENTION IT'S UNDER $400?????

There's lots of options out there. You should shop around, there's a bunch of different brands that all sell the same damn thing for different prices. Figure out what you need and what you will actually use, and don't buy something that has all those bells and whistles that you'll never use. Definitely shop around.
Talkin’ some cents here!
Sponsored