Color Regret?

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
First Jeep...always liked black. Obviously once you buy, you notice all the others. I can't change
the color but looking for suggestions on improving the look. All suggestions and criticisms welome.

Thanks in advance.
It sounds like you are looking for inexpensive ways to make the plain black a bit more "interesting" with minimal cost. While the plasti-dip is definitely an option, it's far from cheap. A more cost effective option would be to choose an accent color (red is super common with black, but pretty much any color would look good with black). And then start swapping out parts with that color. You can do it little-by-little. You could get a colored antennae, gas cap, windshield wiper components, decals, for next to nothing. Then over time you could look at bigger options - wheels, painting tow hooks, bumper components, etc.
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Hitdog540

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
It sounds like you are looking for inexpensive ways to make the plain black a bit more "interesting" with minimal cost. While the plasti-dip is definitely an option, it's far from cheap. A more cost effective option would be to choose an accent color (red is super common with black, but pretty much any color would look good with black). And then start swapping out parts with that color. You can do it little-by-little. You could get a colored antennae, gas cap, windshield wiper components, decals, for next to nothing. Then over time you could look at bigger options - wheels, painting tow hooks, bumper components, etc.
Not sure where you got the idea I was looking for the cheap way out. The post says all suggestions welcome and there have been many...all greatly appreciated....including yours! Some great ideas.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I got all black as well, and have gone all black on it.

I figure when the mood strikes, I will do color accents or something to add flare should I feel the need. But so far have been fine with all black.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hitdog540

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
I got all black as well, and have gone all black on it.

I figure when the mood strikes, I will do color accents or something to add flare should I feel the need. But so far have been fine with all black.
Like the wheels...great place to start. Where did you get the front bumper?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Cool, thanks. We had talked about wrapping the doors to protect against future damage... Just Empty Every Pocket... lol
It never ends... Just picked up a Rhino Rack and Awning. Lol. Just another platform/spot to buy more sh*t because empty space is not allowed.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It never ends... Just picked up a Rhino Rack and Awning. Lol. Just another platform/spot to buy more sh*t because empty space is not allowed.
LOL!

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I got white because in early 18, colors were very limited. I was deciding between Granite or White, I do wish I went with Granite.. but it's ok. I really wanted sting gray when it was released. The color envy will never stop....:headbang:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got white because in early 18, colors were very limited. I was deciding between Granite or White, I do wish I went with Granite.. but it's ok. I really wanted sting gray when it was released. The color envy will never stop....:headbang:
The Mrs. would go white in a heartbeat if she could do it over. White would hide trail pinstriping very well.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mrs. would go white in a heartbeat if she could do it over. White would hide trail pinstriping very well.
That was actually my exact reasoning for going with white. It hides a lot more... imo.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That was actually my exact reasoning for going with white. It hides a lot more... imo.
Ran over a downed Aspen tree in CO and I thought the branches were under the jeep; they weren't. Pinstriping looks like sh*t on a black Jeep.
Sponsored