Anyone Regret Modding To Soon?!?

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Nope, I got to the base looking package I wanted for my Rubicon. 37's with a Mopar lift. Now, everything after is gravy to me. The stance and flexibility was important to me after owning my CJ and my TJ. Capability wise, I can always go with better lifts to handle harder trails, but now I'm going to take my time on bumpers.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Owning my first Jeep now 2 mos, and falling back into old but fun habits of the modding days, I seem to wonder a lot lately if I should space out my modding so that I really enjoy the car and anticipate the upgrades as they come naturally (not jump the gun every week as I started to do initially) and buy all the fun things so soon …. I mean don't get me wrong I am not a fan of 100% stock OEM , walking out to my DD Jeep and seeing stock wheels and tires makes me cringe , however I look forward to the day I can upgrade to a 2.5" lift and some 35s at the very least … but again if I did everything at the dealer (or if I would have purchased the Sport soft top with fuel wheels and cube lights already installed) I think I would have been not bored but routine with the car by now , nothing to look forward to doing to it ,

In my defense and I know most will say there is always something to do to the Jeep which is true however as a DD I wont be getting to crazy with off road equipment/parts etc so wheels/tires some interior mods (aux 4 port switch, ) maybe some rock lighting under carriage and a new bumper maybe it for me ...
You know I look at the original 40s Willys and it looks just fine the way it is. No modifications are required. I look at my 2dr. JL with the black steel stock AT wheels and I love it the way it is . It is a fine looking Jeep and I am not planning to do any rough off roading anyways . I like the ability to drive down some logging roads and I don't have to skip my day due to some ridiculous snowfall we can get here in Toronto. I will be taking a road trip to the Rockies and I am sure I will find lots of trails where my stock Wrangler will get me many places .

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
I hear ya. I just got it back from the shop today and I gotta say, it's looking good!

20190805_174459.jpg
Where did you get the 1941 strip on the side?? Looks good!

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Where did you get the 1941 strip on the side?? Looks good!
Thank you. It was a factory order option that I took a guess on, hoping it would look good and it definitely did. You can still get them online though. It's a Mopar decal.. 1941 upper body decal is what it's called maybe?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
So far I have kept my Rubi all stock except for wheel spacers. Due to work I end up wheeling a whole lot. So far I haven't needed to do anything else do it. I may get some additional skids soon though, as I have drug in a few areas. When I require new tires I will probably Stick some 35's on it. That is about all I can see needing.
Sponsored