First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
First Jeep...always liked black. Obviously once you buy, you notice all the others. I can't change
the color but looking for suggestions on improving the look. All suggestions and criticisms welome.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hitdog540

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the link...does look outstanding! Great option!

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
First Jeep...always liked black. Obviously once you buy, you notice all the others. I can't change
the color but looking for suggestions on improving the look. All suggestions and criticisms welome.

Thanks in advance.
Kinda funny, I keep blacking-out parts (but I started with a Moab) and you're thinking about doing the opposite! You could either go all-out and "own the black" (black everything out), or maybe change the chrome stuff to something in a color you like (I'm not a fan of chrome). Black goes with anything so any color will work, maybe just start with some Plastidip and see what you think...

Last edited:

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I was going to order a Crystal Granite JL. But started to notice that when I saw them in person around town that I didn't care for it. I like that color on JK but not on JL. I didn't know why. In fact, I started to notice that the lighter color JLs looked better, to me, than the darker ones. So last minute, I changed my order to Billet Silver and I am not sorry I did.

That matte black wrap looks way cool though.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
810be29ae12a4c0fab193e9ab9edb0ae.jpg

OP
OP
Hitdog540

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Kinda funny, I keep blacking-out parts (but I started with a Moab) and you're thinking about doing the opposite! You could either go all-out and "own the black" (black everything out), or maybe change the chrome stuff to something in a color you like (I'm not a fan of chrome). Black goes with anything so any color will work, maybe just start with some Plastidip and see what you think...
Like the idea...front bumper, black out grill and definately change of wheels.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Black, and not putting anything else on it...not trying for stealth, just clean and simple. The interior is all black, of course. My state has optional black license plates, and I may order them.

Jeep.jpg

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
My favorite color is orange, but I was originally going to order a granite JL. I wanted something dark and aggressive looking, but subtle too, not too flashy.

My best friend convinced me to go with orange and order punk'n instead. It's bright, it's still aggressive, it's obvious, and it's flashy. Completely opposite of my original idea. But I love it. So glad he changed my mind. And that's what friends are for. :)

My suggestion though, find a color that you like and that doesn't look tacky and start adding mods or decals or D rings or things like that in that color. Use it as an accent. Or find a way to incorporate that color in the wheels or with seat covers in the interior. It will really help pull it all together IMHO.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Well, you got a Sahara... so, you probably wouldn't be too excited about shooting plasti-dip all over it (I've got a lowly Sport, so, I have no reservations about this...). You could add a splash of color with custom decals/pinstriping and/or color nets/grab handles/sunshade inside.

There's a fine line between cool and trashy, especially since you're starting with the "nice" Wrangler, you don't want to overcompensate. I drove past a grey Renegade the other day and every possible piece of trim/badge/accent was painted teal. I immediately realized this was where I was going to end up if I got too hung up on the black being too bland... and this teal explosion was much, much worse than a "boring" Wrangler.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I love a Red Jeep. My brother convinced me to get StingGray and add Red accents.

Very happy with the choice, as StingGray is a good, almost neutral color.

I recommend if you want to add character, choose an accent color and go crazy!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I have no regrets. I’m a huge fan of green, but usually military greens like sarge, tank, commando, etc. I actually hated Mojito when I seen it in pictures. I thought I’d be ordering Billet Silver, Granite, or Sting Grey. I fell in love with Mojito when I seen it in person though and have been in love ever since.