OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I think it is great that most if not all 4xe vehicles are performing as designed .
I'm new to this technology . Unlike others I have an open mind and want to learn about it .

In my original post
I believe I said that my wife has a drive to town of about 12 miles . With the range that is reported I thought this would be a great option , untill I found about the issues in cold weather .

I started this thread because of reading threads on this forum and another forum dedicated to this platform by 4xe owners reporting having that they are having issues in cold weather . Written by them . Not me .

I did no posting in those threads , just read them .

In my post # 96 I referred to a thread on this forum that the owner reported that the vehicle wasn't getting up to proper oil operating temperature because of operation in cold weather . He has to idle his vehicle to get its oil to proper temperature after driving . I stated that it not being very efficient to idle the gas motor to get it up to proper temperature . Not saving energy .

Then some posers , oops , I mean posters , chimed in because they knew what was in my heart . That I was started this thread to bash this platform .

They , or anyone , don't know what is in my heart or my real intentions are , but just ask em . They not only know that , but everything else about everything and if don't see it their way , you are wrong .

As I said winter is coming . It may be a harsh one in the northern climate zone .

Last time , I did not start this thread to bash the platform . From what I have read I don't think it is for a lot of people that have to depend on it to start after being left outside . Unless you have access to plug in after exposing it to sub -20f temps for an extended period of time .

Last thing to mention ,
I take exception to folks that project their thoughts as the only truth .

I have a list of the people I have to take shit from in front of me and a few of the posters on this thread are not on it .

I do hope all of you have a blessed day .

Last edited:

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Lol the epa only makes policy? You sure about that? And that policy isn’t enforceable with civil and criminal penalties? Nope. You’re still not correct. The EPA is given those powers by congress and I guess congress can take them away if that’s what you’re confused about.
In fact, yes, I am 100% sure the EPA only crafts regulations and does not pass laws.

Only Congress can pass laws.

Federal agencies are tasked with crafting regulations within the parameters of current, existing laws. Federal agencies are also tasked with enforcing the laws and, thus, the regulations they create within the parameters of the laws. For example, the EPA crafts and enforces regulations for light duty vehicle emissions within the parameters of the Clean Air Act.

This is Civics 101: how our federal government works.

fyi if you want a source, go consult a VW corporate attorney. I’m sure they can provide all the juris prudence, in detail, about what happens when you violate federal environmental protection laws which were enforced by the EPAs legal team along with the criminal and civil fines they faced.

Outside that, you win. I’m going on a bicycle ride and enjoying the outside because of the EPAs work then working on my jeep.

Peace!
Assuming you're talking about "Dieselgate" from 2015 -- that came about not specifically because of the level of emissions of the engines, but because VW had software specifically to cheat and get around the 2010 emissions regulations for nitrogen oxide byproducts of diesel combustion.

Note that other vehicles have diesel engines still, including of course a Wrangler. The 2010 regulations clearly didn't stop sales of diesel vehicles altogether, which was your contention (that stricter emissions regulations were causing sales of ICE-powered vehicles to stop)....

Hope you enjoyed the outdoors.

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
I think it is great that most if not all 4xe vehicles are performing as designed .
I'm new to this technology . Unlike others I have an open mind and want to learn about it .

In my original post
I believe I said that my wife has a drive to town of about 12 miles . With the range that is reported I thought this would be a great option , untill I found about the issues in cold weather .

I started this thread because of reading threads on this forum and another forum dedicated to this platform by 4xe owners reporting having that they are having issues in cold weather . Written by them . Not me .

I did no posting in those threads , just read them .

In my post # 96 I referred to a thread on this forum that the owner reported that the vehicle wasn't getting up to proper oil operating temperature because of operation in cold weather . He has to idle his vehicle to get its oil to proper temperature after driving . I stated that it not being very efficient to idle the gas motor to get it up to proper temperature . Not saving energy .

Then some posers , oops , I mean posters , chimed in because they knew what was in my heart . That I was started this thread to bash this platform .

They , or anyone , don't know what is in my heart or my real intentions are , but just ask em . They not only know that , but everything else about everything and if don't see it their way , you are wrong .

As I said winter is coming . It may be a harsh one in the northern climate zone .

Last time , I did not start this thread to bash the platform . From what I have read I don't think it is for a lot of people that have to depend on it to start after being left outside . Unless you have access to plug in after exposing it to sub -20f temps for an extended period of time .

Last thing to mention ,
I take exception to folks that project their thoughts as the only truth .

I have a list of the people I have to take shit from in front of me and a few of the posters on this thread are not on it .

I do hope all of you have a blessed day .

I think you need to re read your questions and the answers to them, but you wont. No one guest or made comment about what was in your heart. Just provided real world info from 4Xe owners.. not posers. You post #109, the truth?

#109 snow flakes can dish it out....... lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I think you need to re read your questions and the answers to them, but you wont. No one guest or made comment about what was in your heart. Just provided real world info from 4Xe owners.. not posers. You post #109, the truth?

#109 snow flakes can dish it out....... lol
So . You are one of those guys that talks shit behind your keyboard . Bet you don't do talk like that to people's faces .

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
So . You are one of those guys that talks shit behind your keyboard . Bet you don't do talk like that to people's faces .
LOL your post #109 then posers in #126 .. you started talking shit... That's why I made the snowflake comment. I knew would would not go back and read or re evaluate. Where do you get all this? IF you think that was talking shit, I stand by the snowflake comment.

BTW, you would lose that bet son.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
that sucks! I get the niche for EVs - but I honestly dont understand the huge (government) push to make it the standard. Its supposedly "clean" but:

step #1: you need to use fossil fuel heavy machinery to strip-mine the earth for precious metals (creating toxic wash to the environment)

step #2: you need to ship those precious metals around the planet on cargo ships that use fossil fuels

Step #3: you need to use fossil fuels to build batteries

Step #4: you need to use fossil fuels to transport the batteries to the vehicles

Step #5: as you drive this clean vehicle, you need to upgrade the use of fossil fuels to generate the power in the grid to recharge the plugged in vehicles every day.

......but its clean energy....right????
Do your fossil fuels just pour out of a tap in the yard? The drilling process is generally cleaner than lithium mining, but still requires fossil fuels to be done. Then there’s the damages caused by fracking, oil spills, tanker ships running fossil fuels, refineries running off more fuels and electricity, trucks to get the fuel to the gas station. Everywhere the EV uses fossil fuels in the manufacture, transport, and delivery, so does the ice vehicle. Obviously we are a long way from 0 fossil fuel usage. A massive amount of energy is being produced all across the country using wind and solar, truly renewable resources. I don’t think we are ready for the coming mandates for EV’s, but arguing that they are less clean than their ice counterparts just doesn’t add up. We cannot even begin to argue the performance aspect afforded by the massive torque of electric motors, I hope battery technology improves to bring the range up, but EV is hard to argue against at this point.

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
LOL your post #109 then posers in #126 .. you started talking shit... That's why I made the snowflake comment. I knew would would not go back and read or re evaluate. Where do you get all this? IF you think that was talking shit, I stand by the snowflake comment.

BTW, you would lose that bet son.
Not talking shit , stand by every one of my posts . Thought I would lighten it up by posting the late , great , mr emery . He , myself and many others have served this country so you and so many others can hide behind your keyboard and call people names , disrespect the flag , and all the the other things that some people do . God is my judge . As he will judge you someday .

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Not talking shit , stand by every one of my posts . Thought I would lighten it up by posting the late , great , mr emery . He , myself and many others have served this country so you and so many others can hide behind your keyboard and call people names , disrespect the flag , and all the the other things that some people do . God is my judge . As he will judge you someday .
1st, Thank you for your service! I

2nd, WOW!!!
A lot of assumption here. The hide behind the keyboard comment. So snowflake to you is shit talking? OK. Now because I think you are a snowflake you assume I disrespect the flag, and other things people do (what ever that is supposed to imply?). Now I do take offence to that. Talk about talking shit behind a keyboard.

I think you are sensitive and get worked up easy. I haven't judged you as I do not judge any man. So because I think you are a snowflake.... you say, "you and so many others can hide behind your keyboard and call people names , disrespect the flag , and all the the other things that some people do . God is my judge . As he will judge you someday".

You have done nothing but reaffirm my snowflake thoughts.

I think we are both done here.

I know you will enjoy your new Jeep once it arrives. Stay safe.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Great New Year!

Sponsored

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
Do your fossil fuels just pour out of a tap in the yard?
actually yes - ask Texas, Alaska, Florida, Dakotas, and the many states that frack. (also the coal that grows in the backyards of WV is used to power the places that charge the batteries)

if this moron diddnt shut down the Dakota Pipeline you would too.

Transporting oil via pipeline - rather than by truck, ship and train - is MUCH cleaner.

No to mention the astronomical rising costs of electricity around the country - the underdeveloped grids to handle even summertime AC in places like California (they cant even keep the power on and now want to add every vehicle?????) and the higher cost for the vehicle upfront.....none of it can be logically crowbarred into mandatory use without ruining every facet of the economy......oh and China and India dont have to do anything....while the USA has already reduced carbon emissions more than any developed nation on the planet.

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
actually yes - ask Texas, Alaska, Florida, Dakotas, and the many states that frack. (also the coal that grows in the backyards of WV is used to power the places that charge the batteries)

if this moron diddnt shut down the Dakota Pipeline you would too.

Transporting oil via pipeline - rather than by truck, ship and train - is MUCH cleaner.

No to mention the astronomical rising costs of electricity around the country - the underdeveloped grids to handle even summertime AC in places like California (they cant even keep the power on and now want to add every vehicle?????) and the higher cost for the vehicle upfront.....none of it can be logically crowbarred into mandatory use without ruining every facet of the economy......oh and China and India dont have to do anything....while the USA has already reduced carbon emissions more than any developed nation on the planet.
Good luck running your Jeep on crude, even if you happen to have an oil well in the yard. Meanwhile, you can literally slap solar panels on the roof and charge your electric vehicle at home. Again, I disagree with the governments time line, nor them forcing us to do anything, but virtually nobody is harvesting their own fuel on property and running their vehicle off of it using fossil fuels. Don’t worry, even without the government stepping in, your gas vehicle will go the way of points ignitions and carburetors as better performance and efficiency sell themselves.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
In fact, yes, I am 100% sure the EPA only crafts regulations and does not pass laws.

Only Congress can pass laws.

Federal agencies are tasked with crafting regulations within the parameters of current, existing laws. Federal agencies are also tasked with enforcing the laws and, thus, the regulations they create within the parameters of the laws. For example, the EPA crafts and enforces regulations for light duty vehicle emissions within the parameters of the Clean Air Act.

This is Civics 101: how our federal government works.

Assuming you're talking about "Dieselgate" from 2015 -- that came about not specifically because of the level of emissions of the engines, but because VW had software specifically to cheat and get around the 2010 emissions regulations for nitrogen oxide byproducts of diesel combustion.

Note that other vehicles have diesel engines still, including of course a Wrangler. The 2010 regulations clearly didn't stop sales of diesel vehicles altogether, which was your contention (that stricter emissions regulations were causing sales of ICE-powered vehicles to stop)....

Hope you enjoyed the outdoors.
Shhh don’t tell all those attorneys relying on case law, you know civics 101. The EPA has broad judicial authority to enforce environmental laws and, depending on that enforcement (i.e. lawsuits) our laws are shaped. We call that case law.

The Supreme Court plays a large part in developing our case law, for example. So you’re half right and you damn well know I am too. You are trying be such an asshole to me you don’t realize we’re both partially saying the same thing. Also my reference to diesel gate was partially tongue and cheek because you were purposely being a duck.

As a matter of fact the EPAs interpretation of “off road use” recently changed which is the reason you can’t “delete” a diesel and that’s because they sued many manufacturers.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/nat...termarket-defeat-devices-vehicles-and-engines

in their own words “EPA , through its direct implementation authority, can play a critical role in addressing these important pollutant sources.” So yes, congress made a law requiring them to enforce things and regulate things (like clean air, water, and air pollution) but the administration’s CHOICE and MANNER of enforcement absolutely, unequivocally, shapes our laws. End of discussion. Read the damn thing in their own words. They literally detail how congress passed a law requiring enforcement (your argument) and their interpretation plays a critical role in shaping those laws. I don’t get how this is passing over your head?

Also, you come off as a real fucking asshole trying to say “source” when you don’t provide one yourself.

Last edited:

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also if anyone wants to learn more about how the EPAs enforcement absolutely shape our emissions laws please feel free to read it in their own words - link below. Why this is so controversial and so complicated for people I don’t know? But yes, there is no question the EPA shapes our laws based on their enforcement agenda. It’s no different than the IRS. congress passed tax code and depending on how the IRS interprets it, and/or wants to enforce it, our tax code is shaped.

We don’t apply blanket civil law in the United States (except in Louisiana). We are a case law country (case law, also used interchangeably with common law, is law that is based on precedents, that is the judicial decisions from previous cases, rather than law based on constitutions, statutes, or regulations).

It’s got to be social media that turns everyone into assholes, me included.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/basic-information-enforcement

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Only Congress can pass laws..
See you were too interested in being a jerk to me you thought I said the EPA passes laws. You’re literally arguing with me about something I never said. Reading comprehension will definitely help you.
Sponsored