Cold Climate 4xe Ownership

Sboden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I did remote start in my garage while plugged into level 2 charger. The vehicle was fully charged. Upon remote start, the level 2 charger turned on and a fan under the hood came on at a decently high rate. It was very audible. You could feel the air blowing in around the door. It did slow down a bit but never shut off and never went low enough not to hear.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
I did remote start in my garage while plugged into level 2 charger. The vehicle was fully charged. Upon remote start, the level 2 charger turned on and a fan under the hood came on at a decently high rate. It was very audible. You could feel the air blowing in around the door. It did slow down a bit but never shut off and never went low enough not to hear.
Cool.
That sounds normal. Ours does the same thing.

GT2529

First Name
Gabe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon
I hadn’t even thought of that. You can remote-start with the vehicle plugged in?
Yes, you can remote start it with it plugged in, and pre-condition the cabin to what you had your climate controls set to last, and get the battery ready for your drive. Just as you can start it while in the driver's seat whole it is plugged in. It's drawing all electricity from your charger.

Advertisement

PSC Motorsports

Advertisement