Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
21 Rubi 4xe with 19,700 miles. Zero issues so far. It's been funtastic and definitely like it more than my '18 JLU Sport S. If this were my ebay review: "Great product, exactly as described. Definitely would buy again!" :LOL:
Sponsored

Speedneed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Porsche, Audi
If Iā€™m getting one thing from this thread itā€™s a lack of consistency, a ā€œluck of the drawā€.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2022 4xe Rubicon

1) real axle sensor replaced
2) sound of running water in the morning upon start up - fixed by bleeding the coolant
3) transmission is clunky and got an Overheated message twice while in 4Lo. Told service to check oil and whether TSB Number: 9100116 applies to my tranny. They said it overheated due to axle sensor, which doesnā€™t add up. Gonna have to take it in again because itā€™s still clunky and car shakes while idling.

@JeepCares you can assist in getting the tranny serviced properly. Thank you
Thank you for tagging our team. Feel free to send a private message and we can discuss your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
If Iā€™m getting one thing from this thread itā€™s a lack of consistency, a ā€œluck of the drawā€.
The vast majority of people having problems with the 4xe, are people that never owned a 4xe, or people that know nothing about it, and that is consistent on this forum.

Sponsored

MJH

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubi 4XE
2 years with 4xe. Absolutely love it. I have had a couple of issues but it wouldnā€™t hold me back from doing it all over again.

1. Had to have the Gen2 power inverter module replaced under warranty around 20k miles. Was without my Jeep about a week.

2. Had to have software updated because CEL came on after I tried to calibrate for larger tire size .

3. Once transmission overheated when trail riding in the mountains during 95 degree weather. Had to stop for 3 or 4 minutes till the temp came back down.

I now have 62k miles on it and no problems in almost a year.
Hey just curious as to what warranted the power inverter module to be replaced. I've had previous level 2 charging issues In which a software update seemed to fix for a while but looks like I'm running into them again. The funny thing is level 1 always works.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
The vast majority of people having problems with the 4xe, are people that never owned a 4xe, or people that know nothing about it, and that is consistent on this forum.
Outside of a 2021 owner trading up to a 2022/23, this statement makes no sense.

The vast majority of people with problems with their 4xeā€¦ have problems with their 4xe. They are not consistent in build quality.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Outside of a 2021 owner trading up to a 2022/23, this statement makes no sense.

The vast majority of people with problems with their 4xeā€¦ have problems with their 4xe. They are not consistent in build quality.
The vast majority of people on this forum complaining about (or have a problem with) the 4xe don't own one, or never owned one, is this clearer?

What is consistent, is horrendous Dealership service, and that is not unique to to 4xe, just makes matters worse when it comes to the 4xe.

The dealership model is built on fixing broken vehicles, they make money when vehicles fail.

Warranty work should not be done by people that have a conflict of interest.

No other industry I can think of behave like dealership service departments.

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey just curious as to what warranted the power inverter module to be replaced. I've had previous level 2 charging issues In which a software update seemed to fix for a while but looks like I'm running into them again. The funny thing is level 1 always works.
I'm not really sure what the culprit was that caused the inverter module to fail. While I didn't have any charging issues, the vehicle would only run on on gas. I was getting an error that said something about electric/hybrid mode not available.

Sponsored

MJH

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubi 4XE
I'm not really sure what the culprit was that caused the inverter module to fail. While I didn't have any charging issues, the vehicle would only run on on gas. I was getting an error that said something about electric/hybrid mode not available.
Thanks for the info.

Smunro622

First Name
tu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
Numerous dead battery 12v, replaced the 12v battery and issues have gone away..yes recalls for software but once the battery was replaced weird non repeatable issues went away. Also going to a different dealership helps as they more than 1 4xe mechanic and he doesn't BS when he doesn't know and comes up with BS like "Jeep should only have OEM parts and you won't have issues".

variableknife

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler Sport S
21 after about 25k, in no particular order:

1. Loose ball joint nuts.
2. Windshield in Zion NP (GG).
3. Fender at Gulches
4. Tailight at Windrock (Trail 26)
5. A door to an Antelope in Wyoming (Also 2 fenders, but those were aftermarket)
6. A tire at Top of the World Moab
7. A tire and door to a high-lift at Greenbrier (Bunny Trail)
8. Trans x-member skid at Uwharrie
That's too bad. Nothing worse than loose nuts.

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Did that trigger the check engine light? Iā€™m kind of wondering if thatā€™s whatā€™s going on with my repeated CELs.

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
I'd add this this by saying Jeep's have never, never been known to have high quality. It's not a 4xe thing; it's a Jeep thing. Buyers need to read up and go into every purchase eyes wide open...

That said, I'm two years in with zero issues.
Sponsored