Sponsored

Cold Climate 4xe Ownership

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I did remote start in my garage while plugged into level 2 charger. The vehicle was fully charged. Upon remote start, the level 2 charger turned on and a fan under the hood came on at a decently high rate. It was very audible. You could feel the air blowing in around the door. It did slow down a bit but never shut off and never went low enough not to hear.
Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
I did remote start in my garage while plugged into level 2 charger. The vehicle was fully charged. Upon remote start, the level 2 charger turned on and a fan under the hood came on at a decently high rate. It was very audible. You could feel the air blowing in around the door. It did slow down a bit but never shut off and never went low enough not to hear.
Cool.
That sounds normal. Ours does the same thing.

GT2529

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon
I hadn’t even thought of that. You can remote-start with the vehicle plugged in?
Yes, you can remote start it with it plugged in, and pre-condition the cabin to what you had your climate controls set to last, and get the battery ready for your drive. Just as you can start it while in the driver's seat whole it is plugged in. It's drawing all electricity from your charger.

Margaret

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4XE
Cold actually is good for longevity on batteries, but bad on efficiency. Hot weather on the other hand will destroy a battery's longevity. So long as you pre-condition the vehicle (remote start it, or warm it up), before you drive, the battery will be warmed up for operating temps and can be driven more efficiently. It's always helpful to have it plugged in when parked, so you have full range for your trip and for when you remote start the vehicle, you are drawing on electricity instead of gas to warm up the car. I'm not sure about savings - that would depend on your electric bill rates. I think it would cost less than warming up the vehicle on gas only, not to mention the savings from not driving errands with gas.
Northern Ontario. Runs fine until about -30C then kicks into hybrid. Too cold I guess. But doesn’t happen often.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Ok, it will remote start if it is plugged in…. But something else I was wondering about the 4xe…

Is there anything that would stop someone from putting it in gear and accidentally driving off while still plugged in? 🤔

Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Ok, it will remote start if it is plugged in…. But something else I was wondering about the 4xe…

Is there anything that would stop someone from putting it in gear and accidentally driving off while still plugged in? 🤔
Yes, it will not shift if it's plugged in.

GregATX

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2024 Rubicon X 4xe
For remote start in jeeps you still have to hit the 'start' button with a valid key to let the vehicle shift. In essence they don't let you remote start it and then have someone get in without a second key check
Sponsored