Clutch Question

LinemanMarine

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys Wrangler
I'm sure we all know by now the issues with the JL clutches. I'm looking at either a South Bend stage 2 Endurance clutch or a Centerforce Dual friction organic/carbon clutch. Want to get people's input on what they're running or any other clutch they might recommend.
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I also want to know. !

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

I have the Centerforce clutch. It took them a few iterations (my third version) before getting it mostly right. The clutch itself is fine, but occasionally it will hang up on shifting gears. Seems to increase when you've been driving for a long time with lots of shifting (i.e. city).

I also noticed they've pulled it off their website. If you search year, make, model, submodel all you will get is an accessory...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I'm sure we all know by now the issues with the JL clutches. I'm looking at either a South Bend stage 2 Endurance clutch or a Centerforce Dual friction organic/carbon clutch. Want to get people's input on what they're running or any other clutch they might recommend.
I’m dying for a South Bend review. There’s a bunch for Center Force, but that setup seems very purpose built and I don’t think I’d like it for a DD.

Then again, my factory clutch has been flawless for three years and two recalls. Maybe I’m lucky and will get 200,000 miles out of it…

OP
OP
LinemanMarine

LinemanMarine

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys Wrangler
I’m dying for a South Bend review. There’s a bunch for Center Force, but that setup seems very purpose built and I don’t think I’d like it for a DD.

Then again, my factory clutch has been flawless for three years and two recalls. Maybe I’m lucky and will get 200,000 miles out of it…
I'm hoping for a flawless clutch as well. I have a 21 with about 1300 miles. I checked for any recalls on it with the clutch and nothing came up. So I may be ok, but either way, I'd be happy with an upgrade.
Sponsored