Clutch failure - AGAIN!!

Z3r0jimmy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
so i’m overseas and my wife is taking care of my Jeep. She barely drives it and uses it mainly for long haul distances and with the animals. The first time my clutch failed (2k miles) was because of a defect with the slave cylinder which caused everything to fail and now it’s happening again for similar reasons. The dealership told my wife that the slave cylinder and hose pulse the clutch failed and has hotspots on it (This was after the recall repairs were done). Since my ‘18 JL‘s warranty is up soon I’m definitely looking to swap out the clutch kit and master/slave cylinders to better aftermarket ones cause at 20k miles and driven by two people with plenty of manual experience this is one for the books
Sponsored

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I've been fighting issues with the clutch hydraulic system for the past 2 months. It's incredibly frustrating. I've gone through 3 master cylinders and 2 clutch release cylinders. (all dealership installed) Dealership has probably bled the system close to 4-5 times since last year. All ends in the same result. Air in the system with contaminated fluid in the reservoir.

Unfortunately, I haven't come across any aftermarket solutions that would fix this issue. Going to try and get the hydraulic line itself replaced in the coming weeks, but I'm not hopeful that this will be the solution.