JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Im starting with a low down payment and a 84mo finance through Chrysler ...prob, gonna be in the low 4. % rate . But I will refinance after one year through my credit union at a lower rate

Basically need my Monthlys as low as possible .....Then I will probably trade in after 3 years
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Can some people please speak up to what interest rate you got or were quoted by dealers and the term?

Reason I asked is online Chrysler's state 3.26 but the dealer stated when I ordered it would be low 4's around 4.25 and I have 805 credit. That has not sit well with me.

Also has anyone actually applied online with Chrysler Capitol? Do you get a locked in rate offered to bypass haggling with the dealership when i go into the final paper work? Another stipulation my dealer said it had to be financed through them. Will applying online with Chrysler still be considered through them or outside? They said it would be a grand more if I brought my own. I do have a credit union approval but would like to not have to use it.

Half of the frustration of waiting for my order is not just getting the Jeep to have in my hands sooner is the unknown of how the interest rate is going to play out.
I got a few private quotes that I was ready to go with just in case from lightspeed that was lowest I got quoted. So once I went to take delivery I told them that...they ran my credit etc. And came back much higher. So I told them I'd have to wait until Tuesday to take delivery and was about to leave (actually was coming back but I think they were worried I was leaving for good, this was Saturday so couldn't get funds right away), they went back and "ran numbers and called the credit union back" and came to what I was offered online. I took it, signed everything 20 minutes later and out the door.

pkvir

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
2.98 for 75 months. Not with Chrysler.

Sponsored

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Just got pre-approval through Logix Credit Union for 1.49% for 36 mos. It'll be a whopper of a payment but a good feeling to pay this off in 36 mos!
Wow that is a great rate! Good for you.

jenniferdehner9

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Dodge Stratus
I may be wrong, but I think you only get dinged for 1 hard credit pull, as long as the rest all fall within a 14 day window and are for the same kind of credit. They will all show on your report, but your score is only penalized for 1. Credit Agencies expect that you might shop around for the best rate.

I'll see if I can remember where I read that.

Updated: Found the FAQ on Experian's Site
https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/multiple-inquiries-when-shopping-for-an-car-loan/
Thanks for information.

Sponsored

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Can some people please speak up to what interest rate you got or were quoted by dealers and the term?

Reason I asked is online Chrysler's state 3.26 but the dealer stated when I ordered it would be low 4's around 4.25 and I have 805 credit. That has not sit well with me.

Also has anyone actually applied online with Chrysler Capitol? Do you get a locked in rate offered to bypass haggling with the dealership when i go into the final paper work? Another stipulation my dealer said it had to be financed through them. Will applying online with Chrysler still be considered through them or outside? They said it would be a grand more if I brought my own. I do have a credit union approval but would like to not have to use it.

Half of the frustration of waiting for my order is not just getting the Jeep to have in my hands sooner is the unknown of how the interest rate is going to play out.
Join a credit union, most are free now and you'll get the rate that that score should....if you are a vet, start with NFCU, or whatever it's called now...GL

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Join a credit union, most are free now and you'll get the rate that that score should....if you are a vet, start with NFCU, or whatever it's called now...GL
Yes.

I bought my Jeep cash (dumb me). But last year I bought a brand new Camry, I called the california credit union beforehand. credit approval process takes a lot of processing compared to regular banks, but it is worth it. I got 1.5% loan for the Camry. I didn't tell the dealer I had my own loan after negotiation was done and I was sitting with the "finance guy". He offered to match the credit, and I took it.

I have my mortgage through the credit union too. 2.5%.. It is a 30 year mortgage and I only put 10% down payment. Mortgage approval process was absolute hell though. The credit unions are awesome.

My score is about 740.

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
I'm curious how many of you when buying your Jeep and financed with Chrysler, did you not have a trade-in and either financed all or most of it.

I'm not going to have a trade-in and will have cash to cover TTL but not sure if I'll have more or not. If you purchased your Jeep in the last six months or so, what interest rate did you get? I have a high credit score and wanting to estimate what my monthly payment might be.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I'm curious how many of you when buying your Jeep and financed with Chrysler, did you not have a trade-in and either financed all or most of it.

I'm not going to have a trade-in and will have cash to cover TTL but not sure if I'll have more or not. If you purchased your Jeep in the last six months or so, what interest rate did you get? I have a high credit score and wanting to estimate what my monthly payment might be.
It looks like Jeep has extended the 3 year 0% on Wranglers through Chrysler Capital. If you have cash reserves and can swing the high payments on such a short term loan, it's a no brainer. No fees, no strings - just the total borrowed divided by 36 is your monthly payment to the penny.

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
It looks like Jeep has extended the 3 year 0% on Wranglers through Chrysler Capital. If you have cash reserves and can swing the high payments on such a short term loan, it's a no brainer. No fees, no strings - just the total borrowed divided by 36 is your monthly payment to the penny.
Thanks for the info, but that offer won't be in play for me. I most likely will finance the Jeep for six years. I'm seeing around 2.39% on a 6 year note with a credit union at the moment. I suspect with inflation going up, that rate will go up too.
Sponsored