Sponsored

Financing interest rates

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Wow! Couldn’t be happier with Navy Federal right now. Found out, they do a 1% reduction on your rate if you’re a senior enlisted member, so the 2.69% advertised just landed me 1.69% for 60 months. Zero complaints here!

If you’re E7 or above in the military, I highly suggest you check it out
Thank you for your service!
Sponsored

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
I am very pissed I opened the checkings and savings with Langley then applied for the loan and after few days not hearing from them I call them and find out it was declined because they could not verify my identity I said what do you need I can scan my DL ? They said I would have to go into a branch and present my ID. I am not flying or driving 3000 miles to do that. Big waist of time I am going to transfer my money back out of the accounts and close the Langley checkings and savings. Bunch of Horse S----!
Because I have financed several vehicles (10+ in 5 years) for my company, I couldn’t answer the verification questions as they went something like “in 2015 the monthly payment for your Chrysler Capital loan was A B or C” didn’t have a clue. After I failed the verification the snarky lady said ‘okay try again in 30 days, next time I suggest pulling a copy of your report beforehand’ gee thanks. I’ve refi’d houses easier than the verification process. Sticking w/ NFCU

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Because I have financed several vehicles (10+ in 5 years) for my company, I couldn’t answer the verification questions as they went something like “in 2015 the monthly payment for your Chrysler Capital loan was A B or C” didn’t have a clue. After I failed the verification the snarky lady said ‘okay try again in 30 days, next time I suggest pulling a copy of your report beforehand’ gee thanks. I’ve refi’d houses easier than the verification process. Sticking w/ NFCU
I got those questions right I don't know what their deal is. Well works out for the best I am approved with Sound Credit Union for 3.09 at 60 and the local dealer is setup with them in a CUDL system so it covers financing through the dealer so I don't have to pay 1,000 more for using my own financing so even though the rate would have been cheaper with Langley its about a wash. Hoping my JLUR order arrives this week.

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
Tinker Federal Credit Union = 3.24% @ 84 months ; Citi was 2.89% @ 84 months

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Man, Langley FCU was a pain to verify with. I have (3) multiple car loans and they ask questions like "What car loan did you open in May 2016?" "What's the payment?" "What's the loan terms?" I had to call in after going through the first round of questions and I'm positive they asked me 1 question both times where I had two answers to give ("What county have you lived in?".. 2 on that list). They even asked me the payment on a loan I had previously closed to refinance three years ago. Why would I recall a payment from 3 years ago that I refinanced thus changing the payment? Have all of your accounts open when you call them.

Anyhow, after "failing" the phone verification quiz of my own identity they said they can't extend an account to me at all. Wouldn't take a copy of my license or anything and aren't able to give me more questions to answer.

For a group that caters to military folks who move a LOT they didn't seem very flexible. I was waiting for them to ask my address 5 years ago which I couldn't tell you without digging through my amazon address book.

Never had a bank refuse to do business with me at all due to these questions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
If you have not done it in a while, recommend reviewing your credit history on-line ... even if you have great credit, before you talk to Langley. Names of companies one makes payments to for a loan can change ... because they belong to a parent company with a cryptic name that's worldwide. Langley will ask you a series of questions of who you made payments to for loans, among other things, based on your credit history in order to validate your identity.

If interested, get your free credit reports (1 time per year per the 3 credit sources noted below) through the federal government at ftc.gov. Click on "Get your free credit report".

Don't go to Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion directly because they'll want you to establish an account with them and to share your credit info with others based giving you their "free monthly" credit reports. Not good.
I feel for you. That almost happened to me.

Never failed an id test before, but did fail Langley's first written test. I was shocked this happened. Calmed down and realized I needed to take this very seriously. Went to ftc.gov and read all the credit reports and found out some of the companies I had loans or cc's with in the past 10 years were part of a parent world wide company with cryptic names. Those tests were using those cryptic names ... because they get those questions based on the 3 major credit reports.

I went back to Langley and talked with someone that had a clear voice I could understand (very important), then passed the id tests over the phone. It's easy to fail these tests because they are designed to do just that. Langley uses a third party service for those id tests. Langley takes security very seriously.
Man, Langley FCU was a pain to verify with. I have (3) multiple car loans and they ask questions like "What car loan did you open in May 2016?" "What's the payment?" "What's the loan terms?" I had to call in after going through the first round of questions and I'm positive they asked me 1 question both times where I had two answers to give ("What county have you lived in?".. 2 on that list). They even asked me the payment on a loan I had previously closed to refinance three years ago. Why would I recall a payment from 3 years ago that I refinanced thus changing the payment? Have all of your accounts open when you call them.

Anyhow, after "failing" the phone verification quiz of my own identity they said they can't extend an account to me at all. Wouldn't take a copy of my license or anything and aren't able to give me more questions to answer.

For a group that caters to military folks who move a LOT they didn't seem very flexible. I was waiting for them to ask my address 5 years ago which I couldn't tell you without digging through my amazon address book.

Never had a bank refuse to do business with me at all due to these questions.
I've quoted some past quotes regarding Langley. Langley takes their security very seriously, so you'll need to look up your credit reports (see free credit reports in quotes) and create a little spreadsheet of your creditors over time (Date, Creditor, First Opened, Last Transaction/Closed). The trickiest questions will have an answer of none of the above ... so one has to know their credit history ... for the last 5 years or forever long in time as your credit report covers. I had to do this because I failed the first test and I was scared I would fail the second test. 2 forum members before you have failed the tests and had to wait 30 days ... maybe the questions change every 30 days ... just a guess.

Apoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (Ordered)
I've quoted some past quotes regarding Langley. Langley takes their security very seriously, so you'll need to look up your credit reports (see free credit reports in quotes) and create a little spreadsheet of your creditors over time (Date, Creditor, First Opened, Last Transaction/Closed). The trickiest questions will have an answer of none of the above ... so one has to know their credit history ... for the last 5 years or forever long in time as your credit report covers. I had to do this because I failed the first test and I was scared I would fail the second test. 2 forum members before you have failed the tests and had to wait 30 days ... maybe the questions change every 30 days ... just a guess.
You guys weren't kidding, that process was quite the interrogation.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I have the affiliates program through work this was never offered at least not to me. They aren’t going to give any additional incentives on the JLs right now, especially an extra grand.
My dealer is currently giving me an extra $1,000 off the price if I finance through Chrysler. If I don't - then whatever we negotiated +$1k would be my final number. I never asked to see what APR were they getting because I didn't want them to pull my credit (just yet) so unknown if it was the 3% or close.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer is currently giving me an extra $1,000 off the price if I finance through Chrysler. If I don't - then whatever we negotiated +$1k would be my final number. I never asked to see what APR were they getting because I didn't want them to pull my credit (just yet) so unknown if it was the 3% or close.
What you can do is finance to FCA then refinance in 6mo for a lower rate. What I've seen the Chrysler rates aren't very good. Like 3.5-4+. Just verify that there isn't a fee for an early loan termination.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
What you can do is finance to FCA then refinance in 6mo for a lower rate. What I've seen the Chrysler rates aren't very good. Like 3.5-4+. Just verify that there isn't a fee for an early loan termination.
I was actually going to pull the trigger next week because I was getting EP pricing if financing through them - but I just found out a thread with a dealership in NV giving +5% off so now I'm back to square 1... No delaership here in AZ wants to do 5% below invoice! :mad:

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was actually going to pull the trigger next week because I was getting EP pricing if financing through them - but I just found out a thread with a dealership in NV giving +5% off so now I'm back to square 1... No delaership here in AZ wants to do 5% below invoice! :mad:
I only got about 2.5-3% below invoice, I could've made a little road trip of about 16 hours (roundtrip) and gotten the 7% from Superior but I figured building a relationship with my local dealer that I'd be dealing with on a first year model if drama came up would be smart. I'm losing a few grand but in the grand scheme of things that's something like $25/month (yeaaah I know the overall financed price will be up a bit more).

Apoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (Ordered)
So, it looks like rates jumped again. Langley went up by 0.5% for each term offered.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Langley's rates went up just as I hit KZ status. Now my pre-approval from Navy Federal Credit Union is the lowest I'll be able to find unless the dealer can beat it.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I just qualified for 2.44% (with auto pay) through AAA (the auto club) which worked out to about 1.5% less than the dealer.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Langley's rates went up just as I hit KZ status. Now my pre-approval from Navy Federal Credit Union is the lowest I'll be able to find unless the dealer can beat it.
If you’re Senior Enlisted, you qualify for a 1.00% Discount off the APR
Sponsored