First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer
.. if your father is a veteran, you definitely should qualify for USAA. USAA’s whole deal is based on vets and direct family. Should give them another call. Way to many benefits they offer that’s better than other companies.
Who USAA Serves

Active Military

Individuals who are currently serving in the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines or Navy.

Former Military
Those who have retired or separated from the U.S. military with a discharge type of Honorable.

Family
Widows, widowers and un-remarried former spouses of USAA members who joined USAA prior to or during the marriage and individuals whose parents joined USAA.

Cadets and Midshipmen
Cadets and midshipmen at U.S. service academies, in advanced ROTC or on ROTC scholarship, plus officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning.

Guess it would depend on whether his father was a USAA member

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
.. if your father is a veteran, you definitely should qualify for USAA. USAA’s whole deal is based on vets and direct family. Should give them another call. Way to many benefits they offer that’s better than other companies.
A veteran may join and additional family members and their descendants/dependents can join. You aren’t eligible if your father was a veteran who never joined and is now deceased. Any member may pass down membership to their next generation regardless of their veteran status. But a vet has to join while living to be able to do that.

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
I don’t have super credit (750) and got 3.45% at Navy Fed.

Bloody Nova

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic SI sedan
Occupation
Retired
A veteran may join and additional family members and their descendants/dependents can join. You aren’t eligible if your father was a veteran who never joined and is now deceased. Any member may pass down membership to their next generation regardless of their veteran status. But a vet has to join while living to be able to do that.
.. all I can say is, I’ve personally made the call to Usaa with a friend about joining. But they couldn’t only because they didn’t have the SSN for their deceased vet father. That could have been just to see if the father had previously joined or not. The person did t say that, but it always possible. USAA does change their rules from time to time. I can say for sure, is it’s always worth a call to find out about any place. Just to make sure. I’ve been a member there since 2001 and sign up all my kids and grandkids. So they have access later on regardless.

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
got my loan in late September, right before the fed hike, got 2.74% for 60months from my local credit union. only financed half the vehicle, put the other half down.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Getting 5% across the board right now...

BofA
Lafayette
PenFed

Waiting on Truliant and Fairwinds (Orlando CU)....

715 FICO

But Ive never had a auto loan under my name. My first car was under my moms name even though I paid it. We never added my name when I turned 18. Ugh.
Sponsored