Sponsored

Chrysler Interest Rates

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Can some people please speak up to what interest rate you got or were quoted by dealers and the term?

Reason I asked is online Chrysler's state 3.26 but the dealer stated when I ordered it would be low 4's around 4.25 and I have 805 credit. That has not sit well with me.

Also has anyone actually applied online with Chrysler Capitol? Do you get a locked in rate offered to bypass haggling with the dealership when i go into the final paper work? Another stipulation my dealer said it had to be financed through them. Will applying online with Chrysler still be considered through them or outside? They said it would be a grand more if I brought my own. I do have a credit union approval but would like to not have to use it.

Half of the frustration of waiting for my order is not just getting the Jeep to have in my hands sooner is the unknown of how the interest rate is going to play out.
Sponsored

anbtwb

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Chevy 1500, 2012 Buick Verano
Same situation, seems the only thing I can find is forums of people with low credit scores complaining about their rates. Would love to hear someone that has experience with their financing.

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Same situation, seems the only thing I can find is forums of people with low credit scores complaining about their rates. Would love to hear someone that has experience with their financing.
A lot of times dealers will quote you a higher interest rate than you actually qualify for as it means more incentives for them. It's always good to walk in preapproved from a credit union or bank.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Unt
Can some people please speak up to what interest rate you got or were quoted by dealers and the term?

Reason I asked is online Chrysler's state 3.26 but the dealer stated when I ordered it would be low 4's around 4.25 and I have 805 credit. That has not sit well with me.

Also has anyone actually applied online with Chrysler Capitol? Do you get a locked in rate offered to bypass haggling with the dealership when i go into the final paper work? Another stipulation my dealer said it had to be financed through them. Will applying online with Chrysler still be considered through them or outside? They said it would be a grand more if I brought my own. I do have a credit union approval but would like to not have to use it.

Half of the frustration of waiting for my order is not just getting the Jeep to have in my hands sooner is the unknown of how the interest rate is going to play out.
Until a dealer or bank runs your credit and shops rates no one can say what your actual rate will be. Sometimes Chrysler financial will offer low interest rates that aren’t published. I am also going in with approval from a credit union, they are at 3% over 72mnths

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
Credit unions. Ascend can get you to 2.6 with your scores (they use fico auto 5 equifax score) It will start as a 3.6 then you .5 for having a account and another .5 off for auto pay so 2.6 final for 72m. This was the best i coukd find.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I used my credit union. I got 3.2% for 36 months.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I always go into the dealer with pre-approved financing and see if they can beat that rate. I also have a credit score in the lower 800s, but have found that if you shop around you can find 2.5-3% rather easy. A few years ago rates were under 2%, wish it was still that way...

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
My credit score is 700 and I got 3.2% so someone with 800's should be able to really make out...

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
Also to note just cause your standard fico is in the 800s doesnt mean you auto ficos are. There are 5 versions of auto fico. And the scores can deviate a ton from your standard fico. This variance can have a big impact on rate. I have a 672, a 756, and the rest are 800+ While my standard fico is right at 800. The rate difference betwee that spread is like 2.5 to 6% depending on what that lender uses.

OP
OP
The Z

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
It seems regionally where I live in the Pacific Northwest where I live the rates are higher then the rest of the country. I checked out a lot of credit unions around here and found one with the touted lowest rates and did get approved from them at 3.340 but the dealer wants a grand more if I don't go through theirs. If I can get the dealer to give me 3.5 and the discount I will be real happy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Z

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also to note just cause your standard fico is in the 800s doesnt mean you auto ficos are. There are 5 versions of auto fico. And the scores can deviate a ton from your standard fico. This variance can have a big impact on rate. I have a 672, a 756, and the rest are 800+ While my standard fico is right at 800. The rate difference betwee that spread is like 2.5 to 6% depending on what that lender uses.
Dealer pulled my credit before he would order my JL. He said it was 805. And I tried to give him a deposit he said with your credit no deposit needed. Which gives me more ammo to negotiate a rate when it comes in because I could walk away from the deal but of course do not want to!

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
It seems regionally where I live in the Pacific Northwest where I live the rates are higher then the rest of the country. I checked out a lot of credit unions around here and found one with the touted lowest rates and did get approved from them at 3.340 but the dealer wants a grand more if I don't go through theirs. If I can get the dealer to give me 3.5 and the discount I will be real happy.
If you have to to get the grand off,let them finance it and refi after you buy it. Did that on my ford, they told me i had to make 4 payments or there would be a penalty. It's bs. I called ford credit 2 weeks after i bought it and paid it off with no penalty. They want you to make so many payments because they get a kick back.

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
In Canada we can get 0% financing for 36 months on the new Jeep JL. As long as it has been ordered we can get this financing, even if delivery/build has not happened yet. This deal ends February 28th. A great deal for those of us in Canada, but we don't get below invoice pricing so our US friends have us beat there.

screen-shot-2018-02-06-at-3-20-20-pm-png.png

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
Anyone getting below 2.99 for 72 months from Chrysler or credit unions that are open to public(new members)? Credit in 800’s.