Sponsored

Financing interest rates

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Bummer. Just chk'd as well. 2.0% for active member 60mo's. 1.8% for active member 12 to 48 months. Maybe 48 mo's with a little cash up front ... just because ... lol.
Sponsored

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
I signed up online with Langley for checking and savings Saturday morning and last night logged in and did the online app for auto loan it said I should have someone contact me in a day or so. I started off each account with only $100 bucks and suppose to debit from other banks account not happen yet. I hope I am doing the steps right like should I have put more into the accounts before applying and or should I have waited for the money to get to account first. I am probably over thinking it.

cjsam2004

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I signed up online with Langley for checking and savings Saturday morning and last night logged in and did the online app for auto loan it said I should have someone contact me in a day or so. I started off each account with only $100 bucks and suppose to debit from other banks account not happen yet. I hope I am doing the steps right like should I have put more into the accounts before applying and or should I have waited for the money to get to account first. I am probably over thinking it.

All you need is $5 in the saving account. If you can put more that’s great. Also, they’re not too prompt about calling for your application just wait for a day and then starting calling them trying to find out the status of your loan.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
All you need is $5 in the saving account. If you can put more that’s great. Also, they’re not too prompt about calling for your application just wait for a day and then starting calling them trying to find out the status of your loan.
I called them today there was a hold up they had my drivers license number wrong. Then they called back all looks good they just need proof of income so I emailed them tax returns should be good. I asked the person no problem with me being in Washington state they said no. Just all seems too good to be true so far. The lowest interest rate I could find in Washington state was Sound CU and they were 3.340 and local CU wanted 3.9%. My own bank Chase's best is 3.49. I get this all done and when I go into the dealer and tell them I have 2% lined up but your welcome to match it I think they will S*** LOL. Jeep chat and my dealer has confirmed my ETA is 3/8 to 3/12! Getting Closer!

cjsam2004

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I called them today there was a hold up they had my drivers license number wrong. Then they called back all looks good they just need proof of income so I emailed them tax returns should be good. I asked the person no problem with me being in Washington state they said no. Just all seems too good to be true so far. The lowest interest rate I could find in Washington state was Sound CU and they were 3.340 and local CU wanted 3.9%. My own bank Chase's best is 3.49. I get this all done and when I go into the dealer and tell them I have 2% lined up but your welcome to match it I think they will S*** LOL. Jeep chat and my dealer has confirmed my ETA is 3/8 to 3/12! Getting Closer!
That seems like a good plan, worst case scenario you can finance with the dealer(if he insists in order for him to give you a better deal) and then later refinance for 1.8%@48 months with Langley (plus $200 credit). Assuming they are willing to convert your pre-approved loan to refinancing loan.

Sponsored

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seems like a good plan, worst case scenario you can finance with the dealer(if he insists in order for him to give you a better deal) and then later refinance for 1.8%@48 months with Langley (plus $200 credit). Assuming they are willing to convert your pre-approved loan to refinancing loan.
But how long will Langley's rates be this low? My deal the local dealer didn't exactly match the deal 1k miles from me in Idaho but little less then a a grand more but worth it being close. It was not on paper the deal we made about the financing only the price no contingency but on the way out shook the managers hand and ask him what interest rate I am going to be looking at he said 4 or 4.25 and I asked can I get my own financing he yes but it would be more I said how much like a grand? Opening my big mouth! he said yes. I am hoping I can knock that surge charge to $500. But he mentioned that I could use their financing but had to wait 6 months to refinance it. But I am thinking they can not keep me from refinancing right away but it probably cost him if it is less than 6 months so I am going to maybe use that as leverage.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
These rates are creeping up. One of the members got 1.7% at 72 months only a few weeks ago. Lowest now is 1.8% at 48 months at Langley. The FED is sending out warnings that interest rates may go up 3 more times this year.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
If you have not done it in a while, recommend reviewing your credit history on-line ... even if you have great credit, before you talk to Langley. Names of companies one makes payments to for a loan can change ... because they belong to a parent company with a cryptic name that's worldwide. Langley will ask you a series of questions of who you made payments to for loans, among other things, based on your credit history in order to validate your identity.

If interested, get your free credit reports (1 time per year per the 3 credit sources noted below) through the federal government at ftc.gov. Click on "Get your free credit report".

Don't go to Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion directly because they'll want you to establish an account with them and to share your credit info with others based giving you their "free monthly" credit reports. Not good.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a capitol one card they give you free credit score when you log in. Mine is 755 with capitol one but at the dealership they pulled it was 805. It can vary depending upon company they use.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Just got approved for either 1.8% at 48 mos or 2.0% at 60mos at Langley. Took 2 full days. The only caveat is the loan cannot include transportation for new car orders. Agreed to show a deposit or down payment of $1,195 on the buyer order to meet that condition.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Just got approved for either 1.8% at 48 mos or 2.0% at 60mos at Langley. Took 2 full days. The only caveat is the loan cannot include transportation for new car orders. Agreed to show a deposit or down payment of $1,195 on the buyer order to meet that condition.
And within what time frame do tyou have to use the loan? 30days?

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Yeah, 30 days. Figured, sooner the better before interest rates go up. I have plenty of buffer. JL is to arrive within 10 days or so.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am very pissed I opened the checkings and savings with Langley then applied for the loan and after few days not hearing from them I call them and find out it was declined because they could not verify my identity I said what do you need I can scan my DL ? They said I would have to go into a branch and present my ID. I am not flying or driving 3000 miles to do that. Big waist of time I am going to transfer my money back out of the accounts and close the Langley checkings and savings. Bunch of Horse S----!

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I feel for you. That almost happened to me.

Never failed an id test before, but did fail Langley's first written test. I was shocked this happened. Calmed down and realized I needed to take this very seriously. Went to ftc.gov and read all the credit reports and found out some of the companies I had loans or cc's with in the past 10 years were part of a parent world wide company with cryptic names. Those tests were using those cryptic names ... because they get those questions based on the 3 major credit reports.

I went back to Langley and talked with someone that had a clear voice I could understand (very important), then passed the id tests over the phone. It's easy to fail these tests because they are designed to do just that. Langley uses a third party service for those id tests. Langley takes security very seriously.

Last edited:

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Wow! Couldn’t be happier with Navy Federal right now. Found out, they do a 1% reduction on your rate if you’re a senior enlisted member, so the 2.69% advertised just landed me 1.69% for 60 months. Zero complaints here!

If you’re E7 or above in the military, I highly suggest you check it out
Sponsored