Sponsored

Chrysler Interest Rates

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I was a bit annoyed with my rates as well on 817 credit score. Got basically 2.99-3.24% based on term length. Was annoyed as my previous loan was 2.49%
Sponsored

Fib3r0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
I was a bit annoyed with my rates as well on 817 credit score. Got basically 2.99-3.24% based on term length. Was annoyed as my previous loan was 2.49%
through who? I am at 812 and my my local bank can do 3.70 as their lowest.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
through who? I am at 812 and my my local bank can do 3.70 as their lowest.
You can let your dealer shop around on your behalf although that will often result in 8-12 credit inquiries on your report. If you're shopping for a house or something else you need good credit for in the next year don't do that.

I'm financed through Alliant Credit Union

Fib3r0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
You can let your dealer shop around on your behalf although that will often result in 8-12 credit inquiries on your report. If you're shopping for a house or something else you need good credit for in the next year don't do that.

off topic a tad -

Say my Jeep comes in next week, i go to the dealer and they say 4.12 is the best they can do. I know I can do 3.7 and 2.0 if I go online to Langley. My Jeep will just sit there until I secure lending???

OP
OP
The Z

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Chase says their best rate is 3.49 i called a credit union close to me they are 3.9 I got approved with a credit union an hour away 3.340 and the dealer when I placed my order said the rate will probably be around low 4's like 4.25 with Chrysler for 72. And my credit is 805 that they told me. That Langley thing just too far away and I think will be a hassle. I found some reviews too that had trouble with them and mistakes they made on their accounts and that required them to go to a branch and their closest branch is in Virginia! I am in Washington State. I think I am going just play hard ball with the dealer and shoot for low 3's on shorter 60 month. If they don't go for it then negotiate lower on that 1,000 more they want if i use my own financing or I walk. Good thing is they did not take a deposit on my order because my credit was good. I would like a new Jeep but I don't need it. The Frugal side of me thinks I should not have even ordered a Jeep and save my money but the other side thinks but you should enjoy life and have some nice toys but I have my limits my frugal thinking puts in place LOL.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase

I may be wrong, but I think you only get dinged for 1 hard credit pull, as long as the rest all fall within a 14 day window and are for the same kind of credit. They will all show on your report, but your score is only penalized for 1. Credit Agencies expect that you might shop around for the best rate.

I'll see if I can remember where I read that.

Updated: Found the FAQ on Experian's Site
https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/multiple-inquiries-when-shopping-for-an-car-loan/

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AAA has been offering some good rates on their website (1.79% for 48 mo to 2.29% for 72mos). I think they are new to the loan business and looking for customers. It could also be they haven't updated the rates on their website since the Feds upped the prime rate.

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
It’s amazine that ford and gm are always running 0% on just about everything. My last three trucks were all either 0% for 60 or 72. They are still running 0 even though rates are up.

Chrysler needs to start taking care of their customers every so often!

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
off topic a tad -

Say my Jeep comes in next week, i go to the dealer and they say 4.12 is the best they can do. I know I can do 3.7 and 2.0 if I go online to Langley. My Jeep will just sit there until I secure lending???
Unless your dealership is okay with he leaving without paying :) Yea your lending is basically who is purchasing the vehicle. In your case I'm assuming you already know your exact amount for your order? If that's the case I would secure the financing through your bank with the better rate. They'll likely send you a check made out to the dealer for the exact amount good for XX days. Then when your Jeep comes you're good to go.

Sponsored

Fib3r0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
AAA has been offering some good rates on their website (1.79% for 48 mo to 2.29% for 72mos). I think they are new to the loan business and looking for customers. It could also be they haven't updated the rates on their website since the Feds upped the prime rate.
I think you have to be a member, add the cost of that to the APR and its just like not going through them.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
It’s amazine that ford and gm are always running 0% on just about everything. My last three trucks were all either 0% for 60 or 72. They are still running 0 even though rates are up.

Chrysler needs to start taking care of their customers every so often!
Chrysler Fiancial will do 0% for 60-72 but only on cars they are pushing. You can get it on the current model Cherokee (fresh coming) and the Renegade I believe. They won't do it on their hot selling Wranglers.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how much the dealer finance guys will work with the sales staff to help make a sale.
Just thinking...

I'd certainly consider upgrading my order and buy a Rubicon at 0% financing, over a Sport at a 4% loan rate. From a monthly payment standpoint, the difference isn't great.

Considering how many loans the dealership gets for the bank, The finance guys must be able to call in a favor and get a lower rate for a High Credit Score customer, no?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how much the dealer finance guys will work with their own salesman?
Just thinking...

I'd certainly buy a Rubicon at 0% financing, over a Sport at a 4% loan rate.

The finance guys must be able to call in a favor to bank and get a lower rate for a High Credit Score customer, no?
I don't think so. A sport at 4% and a Rubi at 0% would amount to almost the same price at the end of the loan so yea that would make sense from the dealers perspective.

I'll tell you this right now if the finance guy came back and said he could have got me 0% instead of 2.99% my avatar would have a Rubicon in it and not a sport.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think so. A sport at 4% and a Rubi at 0% would amount to almost the same price at the end of the loan so yea that would make sense from the dealers perspective.

I'll tell you this right now if the finance guy came back and said he could have got me 0% instead of 2.99% my avatar would have a Rubicon in it and not a sport.
My thought was, the dealership doesn't make money from the loan, the bank does (assuming the loan is with a bank the dealership works with, and not Chrysler). The dealership would actually make more profit because the profit margin is larger on the Rubicon.
Sponsored