Sponsored

CarPlay not working

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Guys where is the mirror setting for CarPlay? On the Jeep or the phone? I’m suddenly having more issues. CarPlay shows up once in a while. I plug in unplug comes back but now I literally have to shit the truck off. Seems like is text messages come through and I check them I get disconnected if I check through the phone vs Yvonne t car play screen. I’m using an Apple wire. I’m running newest iPhone update 14.3 I think it is.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would try a different cable and USB port, I’m currently running a wireless CarPlay adapter and it’s working perfectly

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Agree with WranglerMan. Don’t know that I’ve heard a mirroring issue before. Heard LOTS of issues but not that.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
This is so annoying. My USB cable used to work, now it doesn’t. Only when you use a lightning cable will Car Play launch. Software was changed on the iPhone or on the Jeep/Chrysler end. Nothing to do with the hardware cables.

Setnaro

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
I experience the same issues, my android doesnt sync so I am unable to use apps like Waze. Doesnt matter what USB port they all perform the same, charging is hit or miss, mostly miss, blue tooth syncs so I can use the phone, just cant use any apps.
Now what I have found that resolved the issue for me on a few occasions, I charge my Samsung 10 Plus to as close to full as possible with a source such as home charger prior to connecting it to the usb port on my jeep.
I have not completed much in regards to testing, just an observation I made recently when my phone wouldnt connect nor charge in my jeep. It may have been a fluke and the real fix was simply shutting rubi off and let it sit in my dark garage for a few hours to think about what it had done wrong...

Sponsored

Nik H

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Pulled out fuse 11 (usb ports and radio) and pushed in all the loose fuses. Amazing how many came loose from the factory. CarPlay has been solid since! Also using an iPhone OEM lightning cable. I need a longer cable to reach my mount so i ordered a longer MFI certified lighting cable to see if that will also work. Thank you CaliforniaJeeping. You saved me a trip to the idiots at my dealership that put 6 quarts of oil in my JL. Imagine them trying to figure this out.
I can't thank you enough...solved the problem...working great.

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Big bump for the help here. I pulled F11 and it didn’t do anything but turn my ports off. Pulling F97 and then cycling power successfully rebooted the system and we’re back in business.

Thanks!

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
I just got mine to work after a week of trying every suggestion. I have an iPhone XS Max and was current on the iOS 12.4 when CarPlay stopped working. I pulled fuses including resetting the radio. I tried new cables. I switched USB ports. I updated my iOS to the beta 13.0 version (I am an Apple beta tester) still nothing. I checked the iPhone phone Settings/Screen Time/Content & Privacy Restrerictions/Allowed Apps/ to ensure CarPlay was enabled on the phone.

I got it to work a few minutes ago with this: On the touch screen on my Jeep under the Apps menu/Projection Manager/Smartphone Projection Manager/ (choose your paired phone) I found that "Enable Apple CarPlay" was NOT checked. I don't know if an over-the-air firmware update changed this setting but as soon as I checked the box and chose connect device my plugged in phone to USB2 immediately launched CarPlay and defaulted to my music playing.

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.PNG

IMG_0617.jpg
Almost 3 years later this exact thing happened to me, and this was the solution. It's so weird they do it this way. In my case (2022 392 JLUR) I had to enable projection AND enable CarPlay.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
Funny.. for well over 2 yrs. or so, I have been posting on this forum... if you have smartphone issues go to Projection Manager in UConnect settings and ......
It’s my second JL, and I didn’t have this on the first one. Weirdest thing is that it *was* working, and then randomly decided, nope.
Sponsored