Turn Wrenches/ Write code

ENadeau

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Question for you guys who are pulling fuses; are you doing it with the ignition on or just in run mode?

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Ours had been getting more finicky about connecting to my wife's iPhone 6, but since that phone is so old and it didn't have a problem connecting to my iPhone X, I didn't worry to much about it. But then Uconnect started constantly crashing and rebooting when either phone was plugged in, we took it to the dealer.

They say they the USB port in the center console needs replaced. I read somewhere else that that USB port is the hub for the other ports. But it is going to take a few weeks for the part to come in, so I cannot attest if it will fix it or not.

21 Rubicon38

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
After the 8.4 upgrade the usb 2 will not load my jump drive which has mp3 files. The 7inch radio I took out worked fine. Tried the f11 fuse, didn't help. Still searching for a solution.... it does have e power for charging. Not a big deal....I just don't like when things don't work.

SJSRubicon

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
With the recent iOS14.5 now Car Play no longer works on my 2021 Rubicon at under 3000 miles. This Jeeps electrical problems just keep giving! Tried all the disconnect and forget and rebooting and Apple wires vs third party. The same phone still works fine in my 2019 Outback with no problems.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
With the recent iOS14.5 now Car Play no longer works on my 2021 Rubicon at under 3000 miles. This Jeeps electrical problems just keep giving! Tried all the disconnect and forget and rebooting and Apple wires vs third party. The same phone still works fine in my 2019 Outback with no problems.
Thanks for the heads up. Out of curiosity:: are you hard wired or are you using a device like Carplay 2 Air?
From the sounds of it- this is technically not an electrical issue. This is a software issue. IIRC this has happened a few times with iOS updates: Apple releases an update, and UConnect software shits the bed.
just a reminder to everyone: UConnect software (the one that runs/ interacts with Carplay/ Android Auto) is well documented to be an aging dumpster fire. While tooling around the internet I found posts dating back to 2013 in other Chrysler forums about UConnect being a pile of shit code that can't interact with other tech or even itself very well. I wish i had a better explanation, but I don't. I wish I knew how to fix the problem, but I don't. 95% of the software issues were remedied when either the manufacturer (Apple/ Android) released a patch for their OS to deal with UConnect and it's bullshit, or FCA issued a software update. Most of the time it was the former. I doubt they're going to do the latter when they have the next UConnect slated to release in 2022.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I know when I have mine plugged into the rear of the center console it only charges and no CarPlay but it’s designed for that

I run wireless CarPlay 2.0 and when I use other ports to charge it interferes with the wireless as it gets confused so this works out perfect.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Carplay not working on USB2 CCE9AE4D-CB10-48A3-89AC-23EE84B10AF9

SJSRubicon

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I don’t know about CarPlay 2. I have the CarPlay software That comes with the latest release of iOS on my iPhone. I always use the latest releases I am not negligent and doing my updates. I was able to resolve this with a combination of things read on other websites. I deleted all Bluetooth, CarPlay, projection manager On both the jeep and my iPhones. I then removed my iPhone from the vehicle and wiped off and reset all network activity. I shut my phone down and rebooted. I also shut the Jeep off. As someone else recommended weight overnight so the cache completely dumped out of the computer on the jeep and try again. I went out in the morning with a brand new Apple cord and instead of pairing a phone with the jeep I first use the Apple cord and immediately CarPlay worked. Then I paired the iPhone with the jeep. The jeep was confused and showed one code on the screen and one code different code on my phone. I had to clean down the Bluetooth again and CarPlay again on my iPhone. The next time I paired it worked. CarPlay is now restored. I believe Jeep means Just Extended Electrical Problems. After I did all that work my old cords I was using before CarPlay stoped working now work fine again. What a joke.

SJSRubicon

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I know when I have mine plugged into the rear of the center console it only charges and no CarPlay but it’s designed for that

I run wireless CarPlay 2.0 and when I use other ports to charge it interferes with the wireless as it gets confused so this works out perfect.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Carplay not working on USB2 CCE9AE4D-CB10-48A3-89AC-23EE84B10AF9
What jeep
Do
You have wireless CarPlay on? I have a 2021
Built 10/2020. It requires me to connect a
Cable

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
What jeep
Do
You have wireless CarPlay on? I have a 2021
Built 10/2020. It requires me to connect a
Cable
I have a 2018 Wrangler JLUS and run a Carlink 2.0 wireless CarPlay adapter and it works perfect.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Mine’s been cutting in and out all week. We tried four different phones, three different cables and all UBS ports. Pulling fuse 97 seemed to fix it for about half an hour (then it stopped working completely), so I pulled it again as well as F11.
I don’t understand what you all mean by USB1 and USB2. I drive a 2020 Sahara (one in the centre console, two on the back of it in the back seat, and one on the dash). Are they numbered?
Sponsored