2019 JL Carplay not working on USB2

dmarsh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Electric Roof
I have seen some post where carplay stopped working when connected to USB 2 in the center console. Has anyone found a solution or fix?
I started using the USB 2 2 days ago and now it doesn't work. It charges, but that's it.
I did:
  • reset phone
  • re-paired
  • usb accessories on
  • deleted and re-installed....
Sponsored

Reese

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have seen some post where carplay stopped working when connected to USB 2 in the center console. Has anyone found a solution or fix?
I started using the USB 2 2 days ago and now it doesn't work. It charges, but that's it.
I did:
  • reset phone
  • re-paired
  • usb accessories on
  • deleted and re-installed....
Ever find a solution?

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Are you using an Apple USB cord or aftermarket? I know aftermarket cables have had problems or don't work at all

Fred_Denver

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Red JLR 2-door V6
I just got mine to work after a week of trying every suggestion. I have an iPhone XS Max and was current on the iOS 12.4 when CarPlay stopped working. I pulled fuses including resetting the radio. I tried new cables. I switched USB ports. I updated my iOS to the beta 13.0 version (I am an Apple beta tester) still nothing. I checked the iPhone phone Settings/Screen Time/Content & Privacy Restrictions/Allowed Apps/ to ensure CarPlay was enabled on the phone.

I got it to work a few minutes ago with this: On the touch screen on my Jeep under the Apps menu/Projection Manager/Smartphone Projection Manager/ (choose your paired phone) I found that "Enable Apple CarPlay" was NOT checked. I don't know if an over-the-air firmware update changed this setting but as soon as I checked the box and chose connect device my plugged in phone to USB 2 immediately launched CarPlay and defaulted to my music playing.
Sponsored