Cannot order a 3.6L with an Auto????

Dpacew1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I went to the Jeep website to rebuild the 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon I ordered. The 2019 Build and Price is now available on the site. While I ordered the Automatic with the 3.6L engine back on 10/20, the site would ONLY let me order the automatic with the 2.0L. Has anyone else seen/heard/experienced this?
Sponsored

mcolv2

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Seems to be working correctly now.

OP
OP

Dpacew1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
[GALLERY=]
15438562868856168951094660784515.jpg
[/GALLERY]

OP
OP

Dpacew1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Mcolv2, the image I posted is the issue I am referring to. It happened on the 2dr 2019 rubicon.

Is not fixed.

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Issue is still present, though only an issue with the 2 door. I assume this is just an error.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dpacew1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I 'chatted' with jeep to bring this to their attention. It probably is just an error.

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
Maybe they are trying to save the 3.6 for the new Gladiator?
The large majority of 2019 hitting the lots are def the 2.0, except for the MOAB.

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I just got back from our local Jeep dealer an hour ago. Tried to order a 2019 Mojito JLUR with automatic trans and V6 and they could not even order one. The choices were I4 with 8 speed auto OR V6 with 6 speed manual. Period. At home, the configurator still lets me select V6 and auto.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
I just got back from our local Jeep dealer an hour ago. Tried to order a 2019 Mojito JLUR with automatic trans and V6 and they could not even order one. The choices were I4 with 8 speed auto OR V6 with 6 speed manual. Period. At home, the configurator still lets me select V6 and auto.
Ordered my JLUR two days ago with the 3.6 and auto. The dealer has to enter it as a sold order. If they order it for their stock, it will only allow the 2.0.

Got my VON today.

Sponsored

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Ordered my JLUR two days ago with the 3.6 and auto. The dealer has to enter it as a sold order. If they order it for their stock, it will only allow the 2.0.

Got my VON today.
Interesting. I copied your reply to my sales person. Let's see what happens. Thanks

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
When placing orders with dealers, many people (including myself) were told a 2 door Rubicon with a 3.6L Auto was on restriction (picked it up today). The dealers had to mark the orders as "sold" (special orders) for customers to order. I do not know why Jeep is restricting it, but I do not think it is a bug in the builder. I think the online builder reflects what most dealers will have on their lots for walk in customers. I think if you want a 2 door 3.6 Auto Rubicon, you have to go to a dealer to special order. FCA may start doing this with other trims/models door as well. @mizzoujake brings up a good point on that maybe they are saving the 3.6 for the Gladiator. Or maybe they see they need to "force" the 2.0 on the masses so it get more widely accepted. Could be import problems also (I honestly have no idea), my sticker says my 3.6 was made in Mexico, I thought I read some 2.0s were from Italy, other 2.0s may be from somewhere else (again, I don't know).

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Yep, the salesman requested a "sold" order today and all was well.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
When placing orders with dealers, many people (including myself) were told a 2 door Rubicon with a 3.6L Auto was on restriction (picked it up today). The dealers had to mark the orders as "sold" (special orders) for customers to order. I do not know why Jeep is restricting it, but I do not think it is a bug in the builder. I think the online builder reflects what most dealers will have on their lots for walk in customers. I think if you want a 2 door 3.6 Auto Rubicon, you have to go to a dealer to special order. FCA may start doing this with other trims/models door as well. @mizzoujake brings up a good point on that maybe they are saving the 3.6 for the Gladiator. Or maybe they see they need to "force" the 2.0 on the masses so it get more widely accepted. Could be import problems also (I honestly have no idea), my sticker says my 3.6 was made in Mexico, I thought I read some 2.0s were from Italy, other 2.0s may be from somewhere else (again, I don't know).
It is not unusual for specific trims and options to go on restriction. As far as I can tell it has more to do with managing inventory than trying to push certain options on dealers.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Yep, the salesman requested a "sold" order today and all was well.
Awesome!! Glad they got it ordered for you.

On that same note, I got a VIN today and it went into D status. The race is on! Lol.
Sponsored