Cannot order a 3.6L with an Auto????

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
I just wonder if Jeep is trying to switch over the the eTorque mild hybrid system on the 3.6 that has been rumored. I just do not see the benefit of getting the 2.0 that gets 4-5 MPG better than the 3.6. After you figure in the additional cost of using premium fuel, it is really not worth it.

I ordered my 3.6 Auto JLUR 11/9. I noticed a lot of 2.0 engines were found last week and scheduled for prduction. The 3.6 autos being scheduled for production seem to be from early to mid October sold orders.

Dealers must enter a 3.6 auto in as a sold order. Of course if you do not take the Jeep, then it gives them a 3.6 V6 in stock among a sea of 2.0 turbos.
Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
When placing orders with dealers, many people (including myself) were told a 2 door Rubicon with a 3.6L Auto was on restriction (picked it up today). The dealers had to mark the orders as "sold" (special orders) for customers to order. I do not know why Jeep is restricting it, but I do not think it is a bug in the builder. I think the online builder reflects what most dealers will have on their lots for walk in customers. I think if you want a 2 door 3.6 Auto Rubicon, you have to go to a dealer to special order. FCA may start doing this with other trims/models door as well. @mizzoujake brings up a good point on that maybe they are saving the 3.6 for the Gladiator. Or maybe they see they need to "force" the 2.0 on the masses so it get more widely accepted. Could be import problems also (I honestly have no idea), my sticker says my 3.6 was made in Mexico, I thought I read some 2.0s were from Italy, other 2.0s may be from somewhere else (again, I don't know).
They are not saving the V6 for anything. They have a CAFE quota to meet, and the way to meet it is to play with the average by force building more units with powertrains that look better on paper.

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I just wonder if Jeep is trying to switch over the the eTorque mild hybrid system on the 3.6 that has been rumored. I just do not see the benefit of getting the 2.0 that gets 4-5 MPG better than the 3.6. After you figure in the additional cost of using premium fuel, it is really not worth it.

I ordered my 3.6 Auto JLUR 11/9. I noticed a lot of 2.0 engines were found last week and scheduled for prduction. The 3.6 autos being scheduled for production seem to be from early to mid October sold orders.

Dealers must enter a 3.6 auto in as a sold order. Of course if you do not take the Jeep, then it gives them a 3.6 V6 in stock among a sea of 2.0 turbos.
The BSG is delayed by a year. They are not selling well in the Ram 1500 because people don’t want to pay an extra $1k for 2 mpg. Fca increased incentives on the Ram version.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
The BSG is delayed by a year. They are not selling well in the Ram 1500 because people don’t want to pay an extra $1k for 2 mpg. Fca increased incentives on the Ram version.
Others have said 3.6bsg is any day now....do you know for sure? Source? Thanks

Sponsored

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Others have said 3.6bsg is any day now....do you know for sure? Source? Thanks
I know for sure but can’t reveal my source. My source is not a dealership employee either. Sorry that is all I can say. Wait and see.

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
I know for sure but can’t reveal my source. My source is not a dealership employee either. Sorry that is all I can say. Wait and see.
I hope you are correct...I am not at all excited about the 3.6 BSG. For that very reason I ordered early this year in case it was a mid 2019 addition. I originally was going to wait for the 2020 model year. It seems that 2 years into a new model production is when you get some nice upgrades and adjustments over the launch model year.
Sponsored