Cabin Air Filter - Part# & Servicing

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
Yes, your JL/JLU does have a Cabin Air Filter!

The cabin air filter resides in a cradle found right behind the glove compartment. Your glove compartment is easy to remove and changing the cabin air filter is just as easy.

When to replace:

Replace the cabin air filter every 20,000 miles per the JL/JLU User's Guide.

Do replace at least once a year, regardless of mileage!

Of course, you can easily check the cabin air filter anytime and replace it, if it looks dirty, has an unpleasant odor, etc..

OEM Cabin Air Filter part #

• MOPAR 68301863AA
Important: Look for the arrow on the side of the new air cabin filter... Be100% sure you install the filter with the air flow down arrow pointing in the proper direction!

Look closely at old cabin air filter as you remove it in regard to which way it's down arrow is pointing.

From the Manual:

cradle001.JPG

cradle002.JPG

cradle.jpg

ll.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I took a look at my JL glove box quickly and it doesn't look anything like my old JK. I'm sure it's still easy.

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
I took a look at my JL glove box quickly and it doesn't look anything like my old JK. I'm sure it's still easy.
At a stealership the other day, I checked out the cabin air filter cradle on a 2018 JLU. Yes, the actual cabin air filter cradle does look/is a little different then the JK's.

I'm in hopes that other's will post here in regard to their experience in regard to the JLU/JL cabin air filter.

Would be nice to see additional aftermarket part numbers in regard to the cabin air filter..

Last edited:

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I change mine about once a year. The only brand I can find in stores around here is FRAM Fresh Breeze. They cost ~$20 whereas the dealer wants ~40 for Mopar.

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
I change mine about once a year. The only brand I can find in stores around here is FRAM Fresh Breeze. They cost ~$20 whereas the dealer wants ~40 for Mopar.
You can actually find cabin air filters that fit the JL/JLU on amazon.com that retail for about $9.40+-.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
Everything costs more in Canada because reasons.
Forgot you resided in Canada. Eh... your info under your user icon says CA . Change it to Canada.... :fingerscrossed: CA to us USA citzens is California or CA.

Magnus579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JLU
Just to note - don't make the same mistake I did. The JL cabin filters are different/larger than the JK. The aftermarket filters for the JK (K&N etc) will not work in the JL. I'm hoping K&N will come out with washable filters for the JL soon.

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Do ALL JLs now have them?

On the JK, only Sahara and Rubicon got them from the factory.

I got it on my JL because it's listed in the Tech Package which includes dual zone climate control.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Do ALL JLs now have them?
On the JK, only Sahara and Rubicon got them from the factory.
I got it on my JL because it's listed in the Tech Package which includes dual zone climate control.
ALL JL's have the cradle and supposedly, the cabin air filter element is installed in all of them, when they leave the plant.

Also ALL JK's going back to the first JK in 2007, had the necessary cradle to hold the cabin air filter. Unfortunately, no air filter element in the cradles.

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
ALL JL's have the cradle and supposedly, the cabin air filter element is installed in all of them, when they leave the plant.

Also ALL JK's going back to the first JK in 2007, had the necessary cradle to hold the cabin air filter. Unfortunately, no air filter element in the cradles.
The Sport model is listed as not including the cabin air filter, is this something that can easily just be added in then? Just open it up and drop in the filter?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Yes the cradle is there. You can buy the filter and drop it in.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The Sport model is listed as not including the cabin air filter, is this something that can easily just be added in then? Just open it up and drop in the filter?
You might want to hold off purchasing a cabin air filter til you actually check the air cabin filter cradle. (All Jl's have a cradle)
You might just find a cabin filter in the cradle. Anyway, if no cabin air filter in the cradle just purchase the MOPAR 68301863AA, cabin air filter and install it. Yes, you just easily open the cradle and drop it in....

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Never hurts to go ahead and buy the filter, since they are supposed to be swapped out every 6 months anyhow.
Sponsored