Bye bye Bikini for 2021 model year? [Confirmed]

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
The printout from where? The order confirmation sheet your dealer gave you when you ordered it?
No I ordered it over the phone got a Von number, Two days later I went into the dealership and he printed out the Vin number along with the completion date and ship date, I have put a copy on this form that shows my ship date June 10Th
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No I ordered it over the phone got a Von number, Two days later I went into the dealership and he printed out the Vin number along with the completion date and ship date, I have put a copy on this form that shows my ship date June 10Th
That ship date is the estimated date it would be scheduled into production. With the Jeep gods on your side it could be completed the same day it starts the build and roll right out onto a train. But the gods don't like many people. If you have any extra options, like headliner, sill protectors, hinge reinforcement it goes back to the body vendor for those to be installed and that can take 2 to 14 days.
Then it may wait a few days for enough going your way to load one or more railcars. Then the train usually goes to other factories along the way to pick up other cars.
Once you get your sticker check with the dealer, they can tell you where it is on its route and the ETA based on where all the train is going.

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport S, Toyota Highlander, Mazda Miata, Honda HRV
There are ways around that. Do a Google search for zip codes in a city that is beyond the 150 mile search limit of your area and then change the search starting zip code to that one. That's what I did when I was looking for a specific color GC with the exact options I wanted. I found mine in Chicago, 350 miles away, and the local dealer sent someone to get it.
Yes I've searched from the coast of NC to the mountains as well as VA and SC.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I've searched from the coast of NC to the mountains as well as VA and SC.
Another person just joined and he was going to order Bikini last November but waited until last week and was told the bad news.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
That ship date is the estimated date it would be scheduled into production. With the Jeep gods on your side it could be completed the same day it starts the build and roll right out onto a train. But the gods don't like many people. If you have any extra options, like headliner, sill protectors, hinge reinforcement it goes back to the body vendor for those to be installed and that can take 2 to 14 days.
Then it may wait a few days for enough going your way to load one or more railcars. Then the train usually goes to other factories along the way to pick up other cars.
Once you get your sticker check with the dealer, they can tell you where it is on its route and the ETA based on where all the train is going.
Thanks for the info! The sad part is that I have a headliner so like you said it could be 2 to 14 days. However, the Jeep gods are on my side, I hope...... :)

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully you folks with the late orders can still get a Bikini. No camera does it justice.
Hereā€™s 4 pics, 2 with my IPhone which make it look blue and 2 on security cameras, which make it look more green.
Amazing color, good luck.

AE707E62-E944-434A-A53E-D75B1F837E52.jpeg

7A1D3FD7-6172-428E-9C0E-7E312941B252.jpeg

14D04477-3936-49E7-BC89-7947DD2C8DAD.jpeg

521D776D-5867-4AB8-8ED1-7A618409D54E.jpeg

Fake Snake

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Fury, 2016 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Awww...thank you! Unfortunately I need a two door so it will fit in my garage and a manual. Yes, I'm one of those special unicorns. The Jeep search function is limited with it's radius. I found a 4 door manual with all options I wanted in Virginia but it was a 4 door. My husband remeasured and a 4 door definitely will not fit with our stained glass bench set up in it. I will send Jeep an email and see if they will take pity on me. Thanks again...you guys are awesome!!
Late as usual...I was looking for 2-Door, manual, soft top Freedom models in bikini. Found one in florida that was a hard top on autotrader.com. The sort by manual transmission, 2-door and green, narrows the possibilities pretty quick on autotrader.com. (You get a few mojito painted units but most are the bikini color.) Good luck. My bikini 2-door, manual Freedom model appears to be moving through production at a snails pace. Ordered back in March!
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...NEW&sortBy=&lastExec=2020-05-13T22:11:14.538Z

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Another person just joined and he was going to order Bikini last November but waited until last week and was told the bad news.
Life happens. During the TJ and JK runs, ā€œFunā€ colors changed so quickly. It seems like they were on a short run production cycle.
Hopefully you folks with the late orders can still get a Bikini.
Their best bet in getting one is to search whatā€™s already built. Still plenty of Punkin, Mojito and now Bikini on dealer lots.
...Found one on auto-trader.com...
One of the best places to look. :like:

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
Pretty sure they're rotating some colors to provide more options for buyers. Maybe this one will be back in the rotation sometime next model year.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure they're rotating some colors to provide more options for buyers. Maybe this one will be back in the rotation sometime next model year.
They usually don't bring back a color but put in other ones from the same spectrum. They sometime switch around in the Jeep or Ram family. I hear Bikini Pearl is still available on the Renegade.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I just saw punk'n and mojito gone as well. I havent read this whole thread and that may have already been on here, my apologies. But bikini is so cool in person!

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Admin edit: Bikini is confirmed to be gone for 2021 model year - per the 2021 order guides:
2-door JL order guide

4-door JLU order guide

I was just reading on a FB group that Bikini has been pulled for 2021 - I know Jeep has a history of doing 2 year runs on certain colors so this doesnā€™t surprise me but Iā€™m not certain if that information is correct.

There are people on here that seem to follow these changes quite closely so maybe someone can confirm or deny?
Oh. No. (Acting surprised)

Let's hope they bring some classic colors in like dune, sand, anvil, etc.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw punk'n and mojito gone as well. I havent read this whole thread and that may have already been on here, my apologies. But bikini is so cool in person!
I havenā€™t checked but others have said Ocean Blue as well.

CWOFOR

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche/2022 Harley Freewheeler
Occupation
Retired Marine CWO-4
I havenā€™t checked but others have said Ocean Blue as well.
FAKE NEWS!!! Look at the links for the 2021 ordering criteria and Ocean Blue is one of the offered colors.
Sponsored