Bye bye Bikini for 2021 model year? [Confirmed]

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
This is the configuration preview that they sent me to verify what they were "ordering" was correct. Once I confirmed, they supposedly put in the order. My salesperson could not access the system to obtain my VON when I inquired at the end of last week. It wasn't until this past Monday when they called to say there was an issue with the color. This was after I pressed the issue of obtaining a VON. I was never able to obtain a copy of the confirmation of the original order. Which leads me to believe they didn't put in the order.

20200605_181549.jpg
so they did the build for you but never sent it to Jeep....
Sponsored

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's my guess. :crying:
I’d be making that dealership scour the country for the one you wanted / with a few additional options and have them bring it in for you. Either that or send an email to Jeep and see if they’ll take pity on you and do it anyway.

Maybe make up a sad story to go with it...you know, you have 3 kids who are all orphans and the only thing that stops them from crying all day and night is a picture of a Bikini colored Jeep and you just want to make them happy by having the real thing......lol

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's my guess. :crying:
Peterson's has two JLUR Bikini's here in Idaho. Both are fully color matched, and loaded.

Kent S. is great and works with forum buyers all the time.

Screenshot_20200605-223730_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-223748_Chrome.jpg

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Wow. 2020 will be a "rare" model year for Wranglers due to diminished production from the virus.... then Bikini will be a rare model color in that year (limited production), and then, to top it off, I have a 2020 Bikini EcoDiesel.... I do believe I own a unicorn LOL!

pd1.jpg

Sponsored

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport S, Toyota Highlander, Mazda Miata, Honda HRV
Peterson's has two JLUR Bikini's here in Idaho. Both are fully color matched, and loaded.

Kent S. is great and works with forum buyers all the time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bye bye Bikini for 2021 model year? [Confirmed] pd1

Jeep Wrangler JL Bye bye Bikini for 2021 model year? [Confirmed] pd1
Awww...thank you! Unfortunately I need a two door so it will fit in my garage and a manual. Yes, I'm one of those special unicorns. The Jeep search function is limited with it's radius. I found a 4 door manual with all options I wanted in Virginia but it was a 4 door. My husband remeasured and a 4 door definitely will not fit with our stained glass bench set up in it. I will send Jeep an email and see if they will take pity on me. Thanks again...you guys are awesome!!

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awww...thank you! Unfortunately I need a two door so it will fit in my garage and a manual. Yes, I'm one of those special unicorns. The Jeep search function is limited with it's radius. I found a 4 door manual with all options I wanted in Virginia but it was a 4 door. My husband remeasured and a 4 door definitely will not fit with our stained glass bench set up in it. I will send Jeep an email and see if they will take pity on me. Thanks again...you guys are awesome!!
Just call any dealer not the one that screwed you And ask them to do a strip search for the United States.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just call any dealer not the one that screwed you And ask them to do a strip search for the United States.
For
Ask them to do a vehicle Search throughout the United States. Because there might be a dealer that has one in order for as part of the allocation and you just don’t know about it.

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For
Ask them to do a vehicle Search throughout the United States. Because there might be a dealer that has one in order for as part of the allocation and you just don’t know about it.
I can do that. However this dealer found one close to what I was looking for but they couldn't obtain it due to COVID? But I'll give that a whirl...thank you!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I can do that. However this dealer found one close to what I was looking for but they couldn't obtain it due to COVID? But I'll give that a whirl...thank you!
FYI, according to Cargurus.com, there is a Bikini 2020 2 door V6 manual Sport w/ air in Milford, DE, and another one in Corsicana TX.

Sponsored

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, according to Cargurus.com, there is a Bikini 2020 2 door V6 manual Sport w/ air in Milford, DE, and another one in Corsicana TX.
Awesome! I'll take a look...thank you!

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
The Jeep search function is limited with it's radius.
There are ways around that. Do a Google search for zip codes in a city that is beyond the 150 mile search limit of your area and then change the search starting zip code to that one. That's what I did when I was looking for a specific color GC with the exact options I wanted. I found mine in Chicago, 350 miles away, and the local dealer sent someone to get it.

DSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M5, 2020 JLUR
I have a Bikini Pearl 2.0 Auto JLUR ordered on February 15 that’s still sitting in D1 status. Hopefully this doesn’t impact that build...
Sponsored