Vehicle Showcase

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
These do not appear to be bead-lock wheels, just a set of 'street'-locks.....fakey's

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Also interested on those wheels... but looking at some of the videos from EJS'21 they look more like grey?

Always have enjoyed TFL but you can tell by the video they really didn't spend any time researching the 392, way more useful information in their 4xe video. There's another video coming out tomorrow in the 392 not the concept, hopefully they will have some facts and some answers to some of the unanswered in that video.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
These do not appear to be bead-lock wheels, just a set of 'street'-locks.....fakey's
Not entirely true, they are what Mopar calls "bead-lock capable" wheels, meaning you can buy the rings and convert them if you want bead-locks, or just use them the way they are. :like:
At least that's my understanding, anyway.

As for anyone wondering where to get them, I'd say just keep an eye on the forums here, as at least a few of us in the 392 threads are intending to sell them immediately when we take delivery.

I'm on the fence myself about selling them... Since I'm going to replace mine with something a little bigger with a wider offset right off the bat too, but I'm still debating whether or not I should keep the originals for any future resale, since they are specific to the 392.

That concern may sound a little odd I suppose, especially in reference to something as heavily customizable, and frequently modified as a Wrangler, but it's been my experience in the past, that when it comes to selling high performance & higher-tier versions of vehicles, some buyers are weird about wanting all the original stuff.

Still undecided though. But, if I do sell mine, I'd probably be looking to sell the 5 wheels AND tires as a complete set, to avoid any extra shipping headaches, and having to get the tires removed from the wheels.

Just my thoughts

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Not entirely true, they are what Mopar calls "bead-lock capable" wheels, meaning you can buy the rings and convert them if you want bead-locks, or just use them the way they are. :like:

As for anyone wondering where to get them, I'd say just keep an eye on the forums here, as at least a few of us in the 392 threads are intending to sell them immediately when we take delivery.

I'm on the fence myself about selling them... Since I'm going to replace mine with something a little bigger with a wider offset right off the bat too, but I'm still debating whether or not I should keep the originals for any future resale, since they are specific to the 392.

That concern may sound a little odd I suppose, especially in reference to something as heavily customizable, and frequently modified as a Wrangler, but it's been my experience in the past, that when it comes to selling high performance & higher-tier versions of vehicles, some buyers are weird about wanting all the original stuff.

Still undecided though. But, if I do sell mine, I'd probably be looking to sell the 5 wheels AND tires as a complete set, to avoid any extra shipping headaches, and having to get the tires removed from the wheels.

Just my thoughts
How far out are you planning your build? Was thinking the same, and the more planning I've done lead me to conclusion that axle upgrades are going to be the first major upgrade after paying it off. Going to have to have some 8x6.5 at the same time and getting a set in between isn't going to make sense in the long run. Definitely would have made that a little easier if they were bronze like they were supposed to be. Just some random food for thought at midnight.
BTW.... I see I'm not the only one not sleeping thinking of their 392.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How far out are you planning your build? Was thinking the same, and the more planning I've done lead me to conclusion that axle upgrades are going to be the first major upgrade after paying it off. Going to have to have some 8x6.5 at the same time and getting a set in between isn't going to make sense in the long run. Definitely would have made that a little easier if they were bronze like they were supposed to be. Just some random food for thought at midnight.
BTW.... I see I'm not the only one not sleeping thinking of their 392.
So true! lol

So, I decided pretty early on that I'm sticking with just wheels and tires, and probably a winch for now. Just going with 35's and something a little wider than stock for the wheels. (A little extra width for stability can't possibly hurt on this thing.) I'm not sure what I'll do as it gets closer to paid off & out of warranty. It will depend lots of things, like where I'm at financially at that point in my life, how frequently I'm actually using it for it's intended purpose (versus how much I'm telling myself it will be at the moment), what else (if anything) is available in the market at the time that I might be interested in, etc. I do believe like most, that the days of big V8's are numbered, so that alone may cause me to keep it permanently.

If I do decide to keep it though, she will definitely be getting a make over once she's out of warranty. (lift, axles, bigger wheels & tires to start, but knowing myself it will probably spiral helplessly out of control at that point!)

As for the color, like you mentioned, I think I really need to see the factory wheels in person to determine what the color is really like. In some photos they look like a light bronze, and in others they look like a pewter or grey. And that's in photos that appear to have been taken with similar distances, angles & lighting, and even on Jeeps that appear to have already been washed! (I say that because some people were suggesting that they only look grey when they show up from the factory, before they've been washed.) Really hard to tell what I'm looking at color-wise.

cook03tj

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'42 GPW; '21 Rubicon 392 (Sold: '85 XJ; '03 TJ)
Does anyone know if these bronze beadlocks will be available for purchase through Mopar or dealership? I want them!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronze Wrangler 392 Beadlock Wheels MY21-Wrangler-Rubicon-392-Wheel-Deal-Deskto
I have a set of 5 for sale with the tires, I’m in Sacramento, CA

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Any idea if the bead-lock ring is the same as the Mopar bead-lock capable wheel (77072466AB)?

Also do you know if the bead-lock conversion would change the effective offset a little?

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any idea if the bead-lock ring is the same as the Mopar bead-lock capable wheel (77072466AB)?

Also do you know if the bead-lock conversion would change the effective offset a little?
I think the ring that comes with the 392's wheels is just a beauty-ring, not the one you would use to convert them. But if you are asking if the ring that you purchase to convert them is the same as the one on the original Mopar aftermarket beadlocks, then I'm not sure. I know that BCMgunner switched his 392 to the Mopar aftermarket beadlocks that have been around a long time, so he may be more knowledgeable than me. I unfortunately know next to nothing about bead-lock wheels though, so I'm probably the worst person to try to answer that for you.

I do believe though that someone here on the forum said that when you convert the 392's "beadlock capable" wheels to true beadlocks, the rim width goes from 7.5" to 8". So if that is accurate, I'd bet it might increase the offset at least a little, since they probably get 1/4 inch wider on each side of the wheel. Just guessing though

Last edited:

jeepnjam

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase

Did you ever find out if Part P5160154 was the correct part to convert the 392 wheels to beadlocks?