Sponsored

Beadlock Wheels

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Paul!!! Great job! Exactly what I am doing. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my beadlock wheels and rings because I need to whisk the rings off to get powdercoated red! Expecting my Jeep to arrive within the next 10-days so the clock's ticking!! Mopar lift should arrive soon as well. The funny part is that I have a buddy who made his order about two weeks after me and is following my mod suggestions. So I have (10) 35" BFG's here, 10 rims coming... 2 lift kits..... I'm outta room!!!
Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Paul!!! Great job! Exactly what I am doing. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my beadlock wheels and rings because I need to whisk the rings off to get powdercoated red! Expecting my Jeep to arrive within the next 10-days so the clock's ticking!! Mopar lift should arrive soon as well. The funny part is that I have a buddy who made his order about two weeks after me and is following my mod suggestions. So I have (10) 35" BFG's here, 10 rims coming... 2 lift kits..... I'm outta room!!!
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. You won't be disappointed in the red beads as they look even better in person...really! Yes, 10 days will come quickly, so I am sure you're chewing at the bit to get your new rig. Where in the world are you storing all of the wheels, lift, and wheels? :surprised:

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Very nice, Paul. I believe you powder coated the rings red? The rings in the picture, are they true lock rings or the trim rings that come with the wheel? Thanks

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
true beadlocks if want or can set up on normal rim install if im correct?? still with ring on??

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
True beadlocks with the beadlock ring, tire on outside of the hump on the wheel.
Non beadlock, inside the hump of the wheel with the trim ring instead of the true beadlock ring.

Sponsored

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Giddy-up! After mounting TEN Mopar Beadlockers with 35" BFG KO2's this Saturday (one set for my buddy - who doesn't have his Jeep yet either), the Jeep-Gods looked down on me favorably and my Rubicon arrived and I picked it up yesterday. I have the MOPAR lift kit here too (actually 2 of them - yep, that same copycat buddy) so we will likely get the lift installed and the 35's this weekend. Buddy's Rubi is still 2-3 weeks out.

Couple of other "tells" on the trim ring versus the beadlock rings;

1) Beadlock rings have HEAVY knurling on the tire-facing side - not that you could ever see it when installed
2) Beadlock rings use longer black hex-head (10mm) bolts with captive washers
3) Beadlock rings have no "step" or design feature in the ring like the trim rings have

Non-beadlock tire mounting would be about 5x faster than cinching down all of those bolts in a sequential fashion!!

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know how beadlocks work, but the mopar you can run as normal too is ring still in place?

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
"Trim" ring and bolts come with wheels and CANNOT be used as beadlock ring - Jeep made sure of this. Beadlock ring and longer/different bolts must be purchased separately.

Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is so stupid, buy beadlock wheels and have to actually buy the beadlock seperate.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
How do you guys feel about the new Method 106 Beadlocks? I really like the bronze finish, but I'm not sure how it will go on my white rubicon with all the red accents.
Method_Race_Wheels_106_Beadlock_Bronze.jpg
Method_Race_Wheels_106_Beadlock_Matte_Black.jpg
Love these wheels...I am likely to go with these or the non-beadlock versions as I am on the fence. Anyone know the weight of these wheels?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Love these wheels...I am likely to go with these or the non-beadlock versions as I am on the fence. Anyone know the weight of these wheels?
I didn't get the weight of the 106, but the 312 is 32.8lbs according to Method Support.

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
JL-on-37s.jpg

We just put on a set of 37" Patagonia M/Ts on KMC XD231 Beadlocks our Red Rocket Rubicon JLU with NO LIFT.

Edit**** Wrong side of the tape measure... LoL****
The XD231 beadlocks have an "official" backspace of 4-3/4", I measured these out at 4-5/8".
***Edit***

They clear when steering lock to lock, nothing close enough to worry about. 35s would be even better.

There's a lot of bumping and rubbing just driving on the street, so you definitely need a lift to run 37s on the street or trail, but as far as steering is concerned, no issues with the 37s on these KMC beadlocks with the 4-3/4.

Vids and more pics to come on a Northridge4x4 post.

Anyone know if they make a center cap for these, or if the stock Jeep one will fit?