Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to head over to the Bronco forum and see how many threads they have on the Wrangler JL... brb.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I am concerned the Bronco IFS will be an issue. The few snuck photos of behind the front wheels show not a lot of clearance and a very dainty looking upper arm and joints.

So we just need to wait to get some photos with a wheel off and something for scale to see if 37's will ever be possible - or the 35's are a big deal because they are as big as it gets.

I am sure it will drive way better on the highway and around town with the IFS, so if that is the priority fill your boots.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Forget I said anything. Haha
I'd be glad to go wheeling with a Bronco Owner, just the same as I've gone wheeling with 4Runners and Raptors. As long as nobody's smug about their ride (including the Wrangler owners) I'll be happy to have them along.

Sponsored

jbal13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
My wife doesn’t like my Jeep. But she does like the Bronco. So in a couple of years we will be a Jee/Bronco family

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I learned a long time ago that the word “research” at Ford means six monkeys throwing darts...

Meet Chito, Ford’s head of “research”
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Temptation.. 1605564730720

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I am concerned the Bronco IFS will be an issue. The few snuck photos of behind the front wheels show not a lot of clearance and a very dainty looking upper arm and joints.

So we just need to wait to get some photos with a wheel off and something for scale to see if 37's will ever be possible - or the 35's are a big deal because they are as big as it gets.

I am sure it will drive way better on the highway and around town with the IFS, so if that is the priority fill your boots.

I imagine there will be a SAS for bolt in shortly after it hits the streets.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The Bronco vs Jeep rivalry is going to be fantastic. Ford really focused on the high speed performance of the Bronco, basically making it a “mini raptor” while also making it at least competent in the rocks. The JL especially with upgrades will be inherently better in the rocks due to the SFA. But if you want something that is a bit more of a “jack of all trades, master of none” then Bronco will probably be your ticket. It’s basically bridging the gap between the 4Runner and wrangler.

Also, the V6 turbo is going to be an amazing powetrain in the bronco. The current wrangler/4Runner powertrains are adequate at best, the 2.7 ecoboost in the Bronco will be right in the sweet spot IMO. Not too crazy like the 392, (and also only $1800) but significantly more powerful than any of the other options

Last edited:

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Once you drive a Jeep (SFA) on some rocky terrain, wash outs, hills, etc... with the sway bar disconnected you won't want to drive a vehicle with IFA.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
My guess, because of the 35in tires. Probably wouldn't pass regulations?
They are saving the 3.5L Ecoboost from the Lincoln for the SVT Warthog version of the Bronco.

450 hp, 510 trq will be awesome, and why we get the 392 in the JL ;)

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Once you drive a Jeep (SFA) on some rocky terrain, wash outs, hills, etc... with the sway bar disconnected you won't want to drive a vehicle with IFA.
.... I mean at less than 2 miles per hour yeah. But anything over that I’ll take the IFS any day.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
.... I mean at less than 2 miles per hour yeah. But anything over that I’ll take the IFS any day.
Not really. Anything under 25mph. Over that yeah. I mean if you wanna get a Jeep to drive fast on sand or wtver youre looking at the wrong vehicle.

Jeeps are about getting you through obstacles you might encounter. You can drive a Jeep at decent speeds off road, then if you encounter an obstacle or gnarly terrain you slow down. So the SFA is absolutely functional and more capable... as long as you dont wanna race offroad. regular road driving? I find it perfectly fine, I have a 2020 Camry and a 2019 JL. I have no issues driving the JL anywhere.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Love my JL but I love that Ford really put in a lot of research on what consumers want.
Quad roof panels
Ecoboost engines (2.7 ecoboost is butter)
35 inch tires
4.70 gears
list goes on and on.
IFS front.......garbage off road unless blasting through the desert. Not a bunch of desert in the midwest for me to blast through. 4.70 gears........really? For 35's? Funny I do fine with 4.10. Ecoboost, yea it's good when good, but pray it don't go south.
Sponsored